• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Fantastic World of Hanna-Barbera

And I mean Fantastic.

They need to focus on the adventure. I've bought every line made of HB figures and the mistake is always going with Flintstones, Jetsons, etc... The funny ones. Look to Toth.

1. Space Ghost, Jan, Jayce, Blip

2. Jonny Quest

3. Herculoids

4. Galaxy Trio

5. Mightor, Birdman, Mighty Samson - can be added as a fourth to any line

6. A 12" Shazzan and Frankenstein Jr.

7. Three Musketeers - fits the FTC pattern exactly.

They may not be have the name recognition of Flinstones and whatnot, but the Toth designs are really, pure Mego in waiting.
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

What about Birdman and Avenger? Those are cool too. I don't think The Galaxy Trio would translate well to toys simply because of their unique abilities. But that's just my opinion.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

I see it like traditional Mego. With the Trio, release them in normal humanoid forms. The colors and design are so vibrant, they'll pop on a card.

And eventually, they need to make an accessories pack of super powers that can attach to characters. The packs only need to differ by color. So a giant hand can be flesh-colored in a WGSH pack for Plastic Man, and mustard in an HB pack for Meteor Man. Sort of like how It was done fur He-Man and GI Joe

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Well, we know the line is starting off in the Fall with:

Johnny Quest
        Mighty Mightor
        Blue Falcon and Dynomutt
        Space Ghost

I don't think the Flintstones and Jetsons work in this format, which is probably not a bad thing. They almost have to go with a lot of Toth designs, at least at the start.

If they veer into the Flintsones, etc, I'd be interested to see how that works. I can watch The Flinstones all day long! And McFarlane and Jazwares takes never felt quite right, not for any of the H-B and MGM properties.

Comment

• Apositive
          Career Member
          • Apr 3, 2011

WOO-HOO!!! Great news!

I'd go for Space Ghost and his sidekicks, Birdman with Avenger, and Jonny Quest.

Can't wait!

Comment

• SpaceAgent
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 21, 2009

Jonny Quest should be first on the list. Nice going, FTC.

Comment

• rjm118
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 25, 2012

Josie and the Pussycats!

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Jonny Quest!!!! Yeah!!!! Finally!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Awesome announcement ! Been waiting for this one for a while. I really want the HB adventure stuff but I do hope the HB comedy characters like Huckleberry, Yogi and Snagglepuss don't get left out. These characters could be done similar to the R. Dakin Co. figures from the 60s and 70s ( a combination of vinyl, plastic and cloth ) but in Mego style 8 inch scale. As for the Herculoids I would not mind out of scale Zok, Igoo and Tundro just to have the characters with this line. And please make Jana of the Jungle! I also would like to see some of the Ruby Spears characters that are now owned by HB like Thundarr, Mr. T and Goldie Gold and Action Jack. This has the potential to be the definitive HB action figure line if done correctly.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

There is SO MUCH stuff coming out, its going to be crazy to see how much of this I can realistically grab without having to let go of other things in my collection due to space. You could clutter a good size collector room with nothing but FTC stuff at this stage. It's a fun problem to have though!

Comment

• houseofdracula
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 11, 2011

This could be done to an FTC body!
                      Just a costume to fit over the body.
                      The heads might have to be sculpted to look like the Banana Splits (rather than use a mask) but I think that this could work.

$T2eC16NHJHwE9n8ig+s,BQ)16R62mg~~60_57.jpg
                      419829_3559723523889_462654019_n.jpg
                      Jeffrey-Brock.jpg
                      $(KGrHqN,!rkFIQLnGi+PBSItBgUy6!~~60_3.JPG
                      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                        And I mean Fantastic.

They need to focus on the adventure. I've bought every line made of HB figures and the mistake is always going with Flintstones, Jetsons, etc... The funny ones. Look to Toth.

1. Space Ghost, Jan, Jayce, Blip

2. Jonny Quest

3. Herculoids

4. Galaxy Trio

5. Mightor, Birdman, Mighty Samson - can be added as a fourth to any line

6. A 12" Shazzan and Frankenstein Jr.

7. Three Musketeers - fits the FTC pattern exactly.

They may not be have the name recognition of Flinstones and whatnot, but the Toth designs are really, pure Mego in waiting.
                        If they don't make the "funny" ones, I can't see myself buying any. I may buy Blue Falcon but only IF he has a Dynomutt packaged with him or available separately (that said, I already have Toynami's so I'm not too anticipatory). I've never seen an episode of any of the shows you listed.

Regardless, I agree that a retro-Mego line should center on more humanoid franchises---so, your list seems the way go. And, it should be needless to say that I hope the line is successful.

Still, it's been a very confusing announcement, what with the humanoid aspect of Megos contrasted against graphics of the Flintstones/Jetsons/Yogi franchises, and even more pics of non-humanoids characters like Captain Caveman.

A lot of unanswered questions here.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• firestarcomics
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 19, 2014

WE WANT
                          1. The HERCULOIDS
                          2. SPACE GHOST
                          3. GALAXY TRIO
                          4.BIRDMAN
                          5.CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
                          and then these guys

secret squirrel.jpg

secrets.jpg

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            And McFarlane and Jazwares takes never felt quite right, not for any of the H-B and MGM properties.
                            The only way that I could think of someone elses' ideas for FTC improving on those very nice, affordable HB figures from McFarlane and Jazwares would be soft goods clothing, rooted hair...not "my" type thing these days, as I think that, while nostalgic, soft goods can make figures look sloppier---but that mindset is still very much keeping with the retro-Mego tone of the FTC lines. Is there anything else that could be seen as improvements to the HB figures from McFarlane and Jazwares lines?
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                              w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                              • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                              What about Birdman and Avenger? Those are cool too.
                              My thoughts exactly. I personally thought Birdman was more fun and interesting than even Blue Falcon.
                              MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎