Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego's Star Trek TMP Toy Fair book in hi-res?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeboissy
    • Mar 6, 2015

Mego's Star Trek TMP Toy Fair book in hi-res?

Greetings fellow Mego Maniacs!

I was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can get, a high-resolution copy of Mego's STTMP Toy Fair handout. Specifically, I need a bigger image of the Vulcan shuttlecraft interior sketch. I've searched high, and low, and can't find any STTMP production artwork for the shuttle interior.

LLAP!
    jB
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

I have never seen any interior shot of the Vulcan shuttle. In the movie Spock entered from the side of the camera and walked to the camera, so we never saw into the shuttle.

CCC.
    Last edited by LordMudd; Jun 27, '19, 9:05 PM.

Comment

• jeboissy
      • Mar 6, 2015

Lord Mudd,

You are correct sir, however it appears the folks at MEGO had access to some pre-production sketches or crafted their own. The image I'm looking can be found on the Mego Museum's section on STTMP.

LLAP!
      jB

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

That looks like a 3 piece vacuform and being a prototype would probably have no detail to it. Given that it is Vulcan and therefore would lack the creature comforts, you would probably be doing good to make it look like the inside of the Travelpod.

CCC.
        Last edited by LordMudd; Jun 27, '19, 9:05 PM.

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by jeboissy
          Greetings fellow Mego Maniacs!

I was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can get, a high-resolution copy of Mego's STTMP Toy Fair handout. Specifically, I need a bigger image of the Vulcan shuttlecraft interior sketch. I've searched high, and low, and can't find any STTMP production artwork for the shuttle interior.

LLAP!
          jB
          If you use MacBook Pro or Ipad you can enlarge that art way past what it should be using your fingers to expand the image. I did so, printed it and enlarged it further on a copy machine. From the blurry art I constructed this "possible" interior. What is not clear is was that sketch made by Mego's people or is it by the artists who designed sets for the film, (Andrew Probert maybe?). In the art it lists the height of a person as 6', or 6 foot tall. I think if the toy people at Mego had sketched it they would have referred to the height of an action figure instead; 3 & 3/4 inches.Maybe Palitoy would know-or have a better resolution image? The actual Shuttle in the Mego toy commercial doesn't resemble that plan at all.

Look in my gallery here for a couple more shots. This is how I interpeted it:

Last edited by johnmiic; Jan 23, '16, 7:47 PM.

Comment

• jeboissy
            • Mar 6, 2015

FANTASTIC! Love your work. Sorry, it took so long to reply... life is life, sometimes. ;-) I eventually did the same thing you did... used software to upscale and sharpen where I could.

Comment

• Booster
              • Apr 29, 2018

This old commercial has the best shots I've ever seen of the unproduced Vulcan Shuttle toy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8WtALnh5Y

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Booster
                This old commercial has the best shots I've ever seen of the unproduced Vulcan Shuttle toy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8WtALnh5Y
                That looks nice. Now I want one. Down side is it would be so fragile now it likely would not have survived.

CCC.

Comment

• Booster
                  • Apr 29, 2018

On a related note, does anyone know if the 1990s Playmates Bridge Playset looks good with 3 3/4 inch figures?

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Booster
                    On a related note, does anyone know if the 1990s Playmates Bridge Playset looks good with 3 3/4 inch figures?
                    The standing consoles are too tall for 3 3/4 inch figures.

CCC.

Comment

• Booster
                      • Apr 29, 2018

Thanks, just wanted to make sure before I wasted money on one.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎