Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Mego's Star Trek TMP Toy Fair book in hi-res?

  1. #1

    Trek Mego's Star Trek TMP Toy Fair book in hi-res?

    Greetings fellow Mego Maniacs!

    I was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can get, a high-resolution copy of Mego's STTMP Toy Fair handout. Specifically, I need a bigger image of the Vulcan shuttlecraft interior sketch. I've searched high, and low, and can't find any STTMP production artwork for the shuttle interior.

    LLAP!
    jB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,319
    Images
    1
    I have never seen any interior shot of the Vulcan shuttle. In the movie Spock entered from the side of the camera and walked to the camera, so we never saw into the shuttle.

    CCC.
    Last edited by LordMudd; Jun 27, '19 at 9:05 PM.

  3. #3
    Lord Mudd,

    You are correct sir, however it appears the folks at MEGO had access to some pre-production sketches or crafted their own. The image I'm looking can be found on the Mego Museum's section on STTMP.

    LLAP!
    jB

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,319
    Images
    1
    That looks like a 3 piece vacuform and being a prototype would probably have no detail to it. Given that it is Vulcan and therefore would lack the creature comforts, you would probably be doing good to make it look like the inside of the Travelpod.


    CCC.
    Last edited by LordMudd; Jun 27, '19 at 9:05 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 6, 2002
    Location
    Flushing, NY
    Posts
    8,419
    Images
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by jeboissy View Post
    Greetings fellow Mego Maniacs!

    I was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can get, a high-resolution copy of Mego's STTMP Toy Fair handout. Specifically, I need a bigger image of the Vulcan shuttlecraft interior sketch. I've searched high, and low, and can't find any STTMP production artwork for the shuttle interior.

    LLAP!
    jB
    If you use MacBook Pro or Ipad you can enlarge that art way past what it should be using your fingers to expand the image. I did so, printed it and enlarged it further on a copy machine. From the blurry art I constructed this "possible" interior. What is not clear is was that sketch made by Mego's people or is it by the artists who designed sets for the film, (Andrew Probert maybe?). In the art it lists the height of a person as 6', or 6 foot tall. I think if the toy people at Mego had sketched it they would have referred to the height of an action figure instead; 3 & 3/4 inches.Maybe Palitoy would know-or have a better resolution image? The actual Shuttle in the Mego toy commercial doesn't resemble that plan at all.

    Look in my gallery here for a couple more shots. This is how I interpeted it:

    Last edited by johnmiic; Jan 23, '16 at 7:47 PM.

  6. #6
    FANTASTIC! Love your work. Sorry, it took so long to reply... life is life, sometimes. ;-) I eventually did the same thing you did... used software to upscale and sharpen where I could.

  7. #7
    This old commercial has the best shots I've ever seen of the unproduced Vulcan Shuttle toy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8WtALnh5Y

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,319
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    This old commercial has the best shots I've ever seen of the unproduced Vulcan Shuttle toy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8WtALnh5Y
    That looks nice. Now I want one. Down side is it would be so fragile now it likely would not have survived.


    CCC.

  9. #9
    On a related note, does anyone know if the 1990s Playmates Bridge Playset looks good with 3 3/4 inch figures?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 22, 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    1,319
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    On a related note, does anyone know if the 1990s Playmates Bridge Playset looks good with 3 3/4 inch figures?
    The standing consoles are too tall for 3 3/4 inch figures.


    CCC.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •