• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gadgeteer
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 16, 2014

Yeah, JOHNNY QUEST!!!!
    Over the MOON on this one!

Blue Falcon and Dyno Mutt another favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Gadgeteer; Apr 10, '15, 7:03 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

All these announcements and not one prototype or photo to show for it.

I want to see what I'm going to be spending all my money on already.
      JediJaida

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

Droopy is MGM
        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
          Hasn't the Superfriends already been announced? Maybe I am mistaken in regard to that.

- Ian
          The Superfriends were officially announced here with a press release.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Why did I even consider something else as a possibility? Of course it's Hanna Barbera; they already had the Scooby license, so that was a big hint.

Jonny Quest has to be at the top of the list for them. It's ready made for Mego style. There was a proposed line of 12" figures I saw protos of a while back, during one of the Catain Action revivals (though these appeared to be dedicated figures, not costumes for CA and Action Boy), but nothing ever came of that. Dr. Zin, the lizard clad guys, the mummy; there's a lot to chose from the 60's series. I wouldn't mind seeing some 90's versions with Jesse (Race' daughter), either.

As for other properties, if they are making Scooby, they should be able to make Dynomutt; I'm sure the yet to be reveled dog body could be easily adapted to Dog Wonder, and Blue Falcon would make an awesome Mego. I've already said Space Ghost would be a dream come true, and we will soon have a monkey body that could likely be used for Blip. We do need a new teen female body, though, if they are going to make Jan and Jace; I think the 7" figures are too small for the kids. Jace would look good on the Korak body, but we'd need something similar that doesn't exist yet for Jan (a mid range teen body could also be a base for Velma, who is shorter than Daphne).

Other obvious one: Birdman, Galaxy Trio, Teen Force. Jeannie should be available, as I don't think it was licensed, but their own take on the 60's show. Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels seems a natural, but they would need a whole new set of molds for Cavey. Things like the Jetsons or Flintstones I think would be pretty much out in Mego format. If they do vehicles, Speed Buggy would be a possibility. Sadly, I think Herculoids would be out simply because of the creatures. I think there would be no choice but to make them rotocast, hollow vinyl with limited articulation, which means all new molds. And since Zok, Igoo, and Tundro would have to be huge (Tundro and Zok have to big enough for an 8" figure to comfortably ride them), those molds would be very costly. It would be beyond amazing if they did so, and would make a breathtaking part of any action figure collection simply on cool factor alone, but I don't think it's a viable possibility.

This is a pretty big thing, honestly; I think the only licenses FTC has that are bigger than this are DC and Potter. HB has a huge nostalgia factor behind it, and tons of characters to chose from, inclduing super heroes that have been aching for action figures for decades. I can see a lot coming from this, and I have to rank this up there as the best Friday announcement yet simply because of its scope and the possibilities it offers.

Yeah, this was a BIG one.
            Last edited by scott metzger; Apr 10, '15, 7:51 AM.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

This really is BIG because they have so many charector's to choose wow something for everybody. I mostly collect superhero stuff but now I can add
              Space Ghost, Birdman , Dyna Mutt and Blue Falcon to Superfriend membership and maybe the Herculoids.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
                All these announcements and not one prototype or photo to show for it.

I want to see what I'm going to be spending all my money on already.
                Agreed, it'd be nice to see a sculpt or something, if it starts this fall, then there should be some approved prototypes by now.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I'd buy Hong Kong Phooey.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by megowgsh
                    Droopy is MGM
                    Droopy WAS MGM, along with Tom and Jerry. Ted Turner owned the rights to them and when he merged with Time Warner the libraries were consolidated under the Hanna-Barbera banner.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
                      CALLING ALL DUKES !!
                      • May 12, 2011

Great news !! FTC just keeps on cranking out the figures !!
                      "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                        OH JES!!
                        • Jul 21, 2005

Love it! I hope to see Birdman and the Galaxy trio in the not too far off future.....

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

Awesom Book of Figures to choose from... Blue Falcon, Space Ghost, BirdMan, Mightor!!! no brainers...

Now If Sid and Marty Croft just got wise...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

So, I now have a concussion from all of the facepalm this list caused. But after a few searches and a few hits on youtube just to remember ... facepalm.

Anyway, here are some of the possibilities.

Johnny Quest
                            Space Ghost
                            Birdman and the Galaxy Trio
                            The Herculoids - There would be some characters really out of scale
                            Shazzan - That flying donkey could be a challenge
                            Mighty Mightor
                            Josie and the Pussycats
                            Sealab 2020 - Gee, only 5 years from now
                            Speed Buggy - If they can do a repro of a Big Jim dune buggy!
                            Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids
                            Jeannie
                            Valley of the Dinosaurs
                            Blue Falcon and Dynomutt
                            Clue Club
                            Jabberjaw (with Katy Perry)
                            Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels
                            Drak Pack
                            Teen Force

I left out most shows where characters would really not be suitable for what we've seen from FTC. Lots of goodness to be had though.

And Foxxy Love (Drawn Together) has ruined Josie and the Pussycats for me. LOL

I had forgotten about Drak Pack though. They could be cool to display with the Universal Monsters.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Shazzan had a flying camel. The donkey you are thinking of is from the Arabian Knight Cartoon. When you pulled his tail, he would become a tornado and wipe out the bad guys.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎