Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Mickey, please give us some assurance as to the 66 line. We have been waiting for four months for some new stuff like Batgirl, Catwoman, etc.

I am starting to believe that they aren't coming.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Toycade
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 8, 2014

I am not trying to take anyone's "spot." Just trying to give you a little hope. Didn't realize I was trying to sit at the "mean girls" table! LOL!

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
        I am not trying to take anyone's "spot." Just trying to give you a little hope. Didn't realize I was trying to sit at the "mean girls" table! LOL!
        does that "little hope" mean more annoying rehashed variants and figures that have been already done before?

If you will be offering a brand NEW character,then yeah,you might actually sell alot of them

Comment

• Toycade
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 8, 2014

Of the next 10 that I know about I would break them down as such:
          2 100% of you are going to want.
          4 75% of you are going to want.
          2 60% of you are going to want.
          1 50% of you are going to want.
          1 Meh...
          As far as exclusives go, I think it is safe to say that Figures (or any other toy company for that matter) is unlikely to ever spend the money on tooling and sculpts to introduce new characters with such a limited production run. If they did, a single-carded exclusive would cost you about $50-$75. An exclusive is never going to be a "must have." Except for ours of course. Buy one for each member of your family. An exclusive should make you say "WOW! I never thought I would see THAT version of my favorite character!" Bottom line, I am a fan first and a seller 2nd. I am far more excited about what is coming than I ever was for what has already come.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Mickey, please give us some assurance as to the 66 line. We have been waiting for four months for some new stuff like Batgirl, Catwoman, etc.

I am starting to believe that they aren't coming.

Oh they are coming. I have had some in my hands already. Little details are being worked out.

I cannot give any of the details out on limited editions and exclusives but there are a few coming that are All new.
            Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Apr 12, '15, 9:57 PM.

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

I hope the 10 are these:

Catwoman (Julie)
              King Tut
              Batgirl
              Mr. Freeze
              Bookworm
              False Face
              Clock King
              Alfred
              Commissioner Gordon
              Barbara Gordon

Though since they confirmed O'Hara then I would guess Clock King or False Face would be dropped from the list in favor of him. As for variants I still hope for Surfer Batman and Surfer Joker. Riddler in jacket, Eartha's Catwoman, Jockey Penguin, Locker Room Penguin and a few different outfits for King Tut and False Face. George as Mr. Freeze too. Though my guess is the exclusives will be more of Batman, Robin and Joker.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
                Of the next 10 that I know about I would break them down as such:
                2 100% of you are going to want.
                4 75% of you are going to want.
                2 60% of you are going to want.
                1 50% of you are going to want.
                1 Meh...
                As far as exclusives go, I think it is safe to say that Figures (or any other toy company for that matter) is unlikely to ever spend the money on tooling and sculpts to introduce new characters with such a limited production run. If they did, a single-carded exclusive would cost you about $50-$75. An exclusive is never going to be a "must have." Except for ours of course. Buy one for each member of your family. An exclusive should make you say "WOW! I never thought I would see THAT version of my favorite character!" Bottom line, I am a fan first and a seller 2nd. I am far more excited about what is coming than I ever was for what has already come.
                Mattel has been offering NEW characters as exclusives for their MOTU Classics line since 2009 (SDCC especially) So it doesn't apply to every toy company

My guess is your exclusive is something like the Suited Riddler

I know there is demand for these characters

Batgirl
                Julie Newmar Catwoman
                Mr Freeze (sculpt has been done and he better come with his freeze gun)
                King Tut
                Bookworm
                False Face

and some generic Goons,Cheif Ohara,Alfred,Archer etc....

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                  Mattel has been offering NEW characters as exclusives for their MOTU Classics line since 2009 (SDCC especially) So it doesn't apply to every toy company
                  With a blind commitment to purchase every other figure in a subscription model that you can't get out of.

Lest we forget, no license or likeness fee there either.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    With a blind commitment to purchase every other figure in a subscription model that you can't get out of.

and that's not Mattel making an exclusive for EE or BBTS or somebody else, they keep it in house. So, everything FTC makes and sells is basically the same as what Mattel does.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Of all the conceivable variants that would strike a note with me, I would love to see an UNMASKED suited Riddler figure and removable cowl Batman. Need a new head for that one to be relevant for me. From there I would hope the next pack are more limited edition characters, rather variants. I would love to see Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, and a set of Goons. Maybe somewhere done the road we could get a very limited Aunt Harriett, LOL. I'm not sure if there's enough market for that character, but it would be fun to complete the family at Wayne Manor. Wouldn't it be great if they did a limited edition play set of the Wayne Manor Den where the book case pulls back to reveal the Bat-poles?

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG

not talking about the Subscription...talking about "Exclusives" that were not made as variants ONLY,but actual NEW characters as exclusives..(Orko,Rokkon/Stonedar,Queen Marlena etc)

I don't see why FTC can't do the same

Comment

• rlkrefft
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 14, 2010

Those who know of at least 10 new figures, can you tell us how many of the 10 are villains? I don't mean variants of Joker or Riddler, but never before made villains. The card back shows Catwoman, King Tut, Mr. Freeze and Bookworrm. Are these the only 4 villains out of the 10? I think it would suck if the remaining 6 included Alfred, Gordon, O'Hara, Aunt Harriet, and Barbara Gordon. 5 non costumed characters would be so dull. These should be exclusives, Batgirl and villains should carry waves.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I still think that for the 66 line, once they have Barbara Gordon they should do a dressed up set of her, Bruce and Dick with something glittery that the bad guys can steal! Bruce and Dick in Tuxes with "diamond" tie tacks and wallets and Barbara in a red dress with a big gaudy necklace and bracelet - Something Catwoman would want to STEAL! Maybe even call it the Secret Identity Victim set.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎