• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

[QUOTE=mickeymoosemego;1207717]
    Originally posted by VulcansFury
    I have no interest in variants. To me, the delay smacks of the line loosing steam. I get the impression that when wave 4 finally gets announced it could be the last. I'm loosing faith in seeing wave 5 and especially wave 6 at this point. I want to be wrong, but there it is.

Ohh you are so Wrong!
    well, they need to get some more figures out there or the line will lose momentum. New figures, not exclusive rehashes.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wasimhosen
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 23, 2011

I think we got spoiled with so much all at once. FTC should have paced themselves with releases, say every 9 months or so, to make it easier on our wallets and to leave some room for them to get the next wave finished.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I really consider this a variety pack not intended to be "new" product. It's diversification of current stock. Obviously for those of us collecting the new figures as they come out, this would not be something aimed at us. But for those who might just want those two from the series, this is a fun alternative. I can't blame FTC if someone is binge buying package variations. Mego certainly had different packaging styles through the years. It's fun to see FTC doing this as well. It's nice to have choices again... in the DC universe anyway.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

[QUOTE=thunderbolt;1207760]
          Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
          well, they need to get some more figures out there or the line will lose momentum. New figures, not exclusive rehashes.
          ^^^I have to agree w/ T-bolt on this when I look at the evidence of my own purchasing history with FTC since their monumental & awesome announcement of Batman retro, Batman 66, Dukes, Gilligan's Island, Dallas & 7" Talk'n Obama!

Now I KNEW I was definitely BUYING:
          @ LEAST x2 of all the

1.) FTC BATMAN retro, because I KNEW at that point we were getting Batman, Robin, RC Bats, RM Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Joker, Bruce & Dick (w/ the promise of characters Mego never made.
          2.) I was going to get the Dukes, but to tell you the truth, I would of liked Repros w/ the New never b4 Duke characters getting the MEGO 70s treatment (& I WAS excited 4 a NEW Daisy.....NOT anymore...YUCK!). So I saw them & PASSED>
          3.) BATMAN 66: I was already committed (sight unseen) to buying x2 of every 8" (I never thought about variants @ that point except for RC & RM) & I wanted x1 of each 12" Batman 66 (w/ doubles of Newmar & Kitt Catwoman & Batgirl at 12"). BUT with the CANCELATION of the Batman 66 12" line, & NO interest in ANY 18" DC figure unless it's like Apache Chief & Giganta, ect.), I decided I would get x2 of every 8" Batman 66.
          4.) Gilligan's Island: I was going to get x2 of every 8" figure IF & ONLY IF ALL 7 Castaways were announced to be released (I know sales would dictate if more would be made) & if they were VERY Mego-y.
          5.) Tarzan I was getting x2 of each.
          6.) Conan I was getting x2 of each.

well that's NOT what happened. After QC issues & so many Batman 1966 Variants I lost interest for now.

Batman 1966: I bought x2 of wave 1 & 2 & completely SKIPPED wave 3. I wanted x2 Mad Hatters & x2 Shames, but those Batman & Robin variants were horrible wasted slot IMHO. I cap my spending on $25.00 EACH with S/H, so EE's Batman 66 wave 3 was a skip for me because of Prostate Exam Batman & Removable Mask Robin. I have NO interest so far in any variant. I liked the OPERA Joker & if it was $25 + S/H I would of got a couple.

*FTC: I was a RABIB Action figure COMPLETIST until your BATMAN 66 line & you CURED me & saved me $1000 at least of x2 of each variants. Had the NEW Characters came out first & kept my interest I'd had bought at least x1-2 of each variants for completions sake, but I don't care anymore.

I skipped Dukes completely (I liked Mego's Dukes better except FTC did fantastic clothing). The NEW wave 2 Dukes cofuse me. Uncle Jesse looks realistic, the deputies looks animated, Cooter is a mix I guess, & Daisy is a HUGE Melon head just like Megos.....on that weird Body that should of been saved for a Daisy Duke throwback variant!

I skipped x2 SHAME & x2 Mad Hatter because they came out w/ variants of BM & ROBIN that should be sold separately as exclusives from now on.

If CATWOMAN (Newmar & Kitt), Mr. Freeze, Bookworm, King Tut, Goons, Batgirl (I know her likeness rights were acquired later), even Clock King or other Villains came in wave 3 I would have bought x2-x3 at least. I've lost interest.

Since Batman wave 3 was a PASS for me I skipped x2 sets of TARZAN completely. The CONAN figure being $30 figure + tax/S/H & in a wave with x2 figures whose heads & aesthetic didn't insight Mego Madness in me (or else I would have bought x2 sets from EE), they were also skipped.

So I'm also not liking some of the new head sizes, but I see improvement starting on some of the new prototypes. I bought x3 Batgirl, x5 Wonder Woman, x2 Supergirl & x2 Wonder Girl, all w/ manufacturing issues w/ their bodies at $25-$25 + S/H a POP.

I KNOW they can ONLY show & release so much. But I'm just reporting the truth here. I'm purchasing less & less. BIG Heads, body issues most of my FTC figures, & so much new product being announced is causing a lull in my buying from FTC.....& I'm telling you I'm a damn good customer for a Toy company to have. I guess my long rant is just to illustrate that when it comes down to it, it's all momentum.

FTC: I love what you are doing! A Mego-like Miracle. BUT......I'm spending less & less with you. Skipping things I was so excited for. You are announcing SO MUCH, BUT I'd don't want to start 5 different DC/Batman collections.......just to get the same figures over & over again in different styles, & possibly never get some of my favorites because of buyer's fatigue. I know it takes time to produce & release all these figures, I don't blame you for that, just reporting I'm losing interest. I would love a few more great DC WGH, JLA with NEW characters, & Batman 66 waves before I start Super Friends, 18" DC, HB, & whatever else. It's just like retail, I wish we could get a good number of waves out of WGH/JLA & Batman 66, then take a break & go with a new style. Do I want to buy a animated SF Cheetah & a comic Cheetah? A SF Sinestro & a Comic Sinestro? Probably x2 of each, but I'm feeling like with all these new announcements I'll be waiting so long my interest & sizeable toy spending will drift somewhere else.

Sorry for the Rant guys!

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

*Hey Mickeymoosemego, you have lifted my fading spirit & reinvigorated my passion for FTC products a few times before.....just when I needed it. You have been right & have seen & teased A LOT that I've seen come to fruition! I so appreciate that! But a question, & I'm NOT asking for names here:

Is the Batman 66 waves (4 & 5) coming soon w/ x4 all NEW characters in them coming soon? Is there at least Batman 66 wave 4 & 5 coming w/ NON-Batman & Robin variants in them? I could go for a NEW re-sculpted Gorshin RM Riddler in green suit w/ bowler, or different Mr. Freeze or Catwoman variants. But is there NON BM & Robin waves coming out soon? Thanks 4 any info you can hint at! If you can't or don't know the specific line up, that ok too! Thanks Again for your time & comments!

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

I have no interest in variants. To me, the delay smacks of the line loosing steam. I get the impression that when wave 4 finally gets announced it could be the last. I'm loosing faith in seeing wave 5 and especially wave 6 at this point. I want to be wrong, but there it is.

Ohh you are so Wrong!
              if he is so wrong,then what is FTC waiting for?? tons of announcements and TALK with nothing to really show for it.new pre-orders mostly just re-hashed figures we have already gotten...wave 3 has been out for almost 4 months now and not a peep about wave 4
              Last edited by Teemu; Apr 11, '15, 6:23 PM.

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

Thanks

Ohh you are so Wrong!
                Thanks for keeping hope alive. People need to realize this set might be a first buy for some, and others may be interested in this set. Not everyone buys everything in multiples. This set might bring in a new customer. As a wise man once said, just buy what you like. I too, look forward to some new product and all signs point to a massive line-up of 8 inch goodness.

Comment

• Toycade
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 8, 2014

I don't want to get in trouble for pulling the curtain back too far but do want to quell your fears about the 1966 line "losing steam" or "winding down." My friends at Figures are quite pleased with how well wave 3 performed at retail. I am personally having a hard time moving Batman and Robin from that wave, but totally expected as much with the market currently heavy with those characters. I am aware of 10 new figures in the works, not including exclusives. I am sure the 10 will eventually turn into 12. That's at least 3 more waves and we haven't even seen Batgirl yet. They would be foolish not to pump out as many different Batgirl/Barbara Gordon figures as possible. Don't read into that. I am just speaking from a retailers perspective. I don't think you have anything to worry about. SO many high demand characters to be made yet. I would also suspect you will hear an announcement about new exclusives in about a month or so. Make sure to put some money back for your Toycade exclusive. It's going to be a good one!

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
                    I don't want to get in trouble for pulling the curtain back too far but do want to quell your fears about the 1966 line "losing steam" or "winding down." My friends at Figures are quite pleased with how well wave 3 performed at retail. I am personally having a hard time moving Batman and Robin from that wave, but totally expected as much with the market currently heavy with those characters. I am aware of 10 new figures in the works, not including exclusives. I am sure the 10 will eventually turn into 12. That's at least 3 more waves and we haven't even seen Batgirl yet. They would be foolish not to pump out as many different Batgirl/Barbara Gordon figures as possible. Don't read into that. I am just speaking from a retailers perspective. I don't think you have anything to worry about. SO many high demand characters to be made yet. I would also suspect you will hear an announcement about new exclusives in about a month or so. Make sure to put some money back for your Toycade exclusive. It's going to be a good one!
                    Wait.

You're infringing on MICKEY'S territory here and I'll be damned if there are TWO of you revealing industry secrets.

This is like Barry Windham trying to compete with mid-80s Ric Flair.

No contest.

Mickey's got all secret reveals and FTC insider info covered for us. Don't go there.

Plus you only have 1 post and haven't established credibility and junk to take over for MICKEY.
                    Last edited by megomania; Apr 11, '15, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by megomania
                      Wait.

You're infringing on MICKEY'S territory here and I'll be damned if there are TWO of you revealing industry secrets.

This is like Barry Windham trying to compete with mid-80s Ric Flair.

No contest.

Mickey's got all secret reveals and FTC insider info covered for us. Don't go there.

Plus you only have 1 post and haven't established credibility and junk to take over for MICKEY.
                      Funny!

I've been watching an auction for the wave 3 Batman figures. Even discounted, they aren't moving.
                      Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 11, '15, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        Funny! I've been watching an auction for the wave 3 Batman figures. Even discounted, they aren't moving.
                        Well, so much for me trying to sell everything I've got

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I'll believe it when I see it. As for exclusives, if its another redressed Joker or Riddler or Batman, I will put my money back... for use on other new figures. I just hope that FTC is starting to learn a lesson with so many Batmen and Robins nobody wants for this line. I see Hatter and other villains sold out at online sites and they still have the Batman and Robin figures.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                            *Hey Mickeymoosemego, you have lifted my fading spirit & reinvigorated my passion for FTC products a few times before.....just when I needed it. You have been right & have seen & teased A LOT that I've seen come to fruition! I so appreciate that! But a question, & I'm NOT asking for names here:

Is the Batman 66 waves (4 & 5) coming soon w/ x4 all NEW characters in them coming soon? Is there at least Batman 66 wave 4 & 5 coming w/ NON-Batman & Robin variants in them? I could go for a NEW re-sculpted Gorshin RM Riddler in green suit w/ bowler, or different Mr. Freeze or Catwoman variants. But is there NON BM & Robin waves coming out soon? Thanks 4 any info you can hint at! If you can't or don't know the specific line up, that ok too! Thanks Again for your time & comments!

I think you can count on a Bat-Break and look for full waves of what you want just around the corner. Some of the new waves are being tweaked. My opinion is the wait will be worth it!

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

as long as it's a NEW character and not a repaint/rehash...then that will likely be true of being a "good one"
                              Last edited by Teemu; Apr 12, '15, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

I am not buying another figure until I see some new characters, simple as that. I bought all of the first few waves of WGSH remakes and the first couple series of 66 Batman, all had body issues or at least the bodies didn't hold up to Mego quality of the 1970s. Replaced all the bodies. I bought the fist fighters only to see the same figures come out in the two packs and then the Justice League packaging and the Kresge card packaging. Not rebuying the same figures again and again and skipping the variants altogether. If they don't get some new characters out soon, I will probably just lose interest. The announcements of non-hero serieses in the fall is not enough to keep me going.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎