Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Batman Classic 1966 TV Series The Contaminated Cowl Batman vs. Mad Hatter

FIGBMTV2PK300Wlg.jpg

$70 .. coming soon

- Marty
    Last edited by ubermanx; Apr 7, '15, 2:26 PM.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Another reboot... Easy pass for me on recycled figures... $10 can get you a custom card or box from the toyroom for it for thoes who already own the 2 figures.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

enough of the REHASHED figures over and over and give us NEW characters we have been asking for....yeah,yeah,they're coming....BUT when???

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I understand that they need to get rid of this stock.

I'm almost assuming the bulk of these leftover Batman figures will be reused as the Neal Adams Batman, just with a darker grey costume, different belt and different head. Same body with cape, boots and gloves. I just hope they didn't really stock up on that pink head. LOL

As you can tell, I have high hopes that they push the Neal Adams Batman out soon!!!

I wantses it. Me presciouseses.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

THe re-hash two-packs seem to go over well enough; I seriously doubt they'd keep doing them if they didn't. But I do agree we need to see some more new stuff. Look at the buzz Sivana started when he snuck out on the Kresge card announcement.

Not interested in this set, as I already have the figures. One bright spot, though; it made me realize I really need to put those two together in the same display. Not sure why that hadn't occurred to me when I got the Hatter....

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

They should have included a separate pink cowl. That would have at least made me think about it for a moment

I think the two packs look nice, but I'm just in it for the figures though.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

big yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

Yeah, repackaged stuff again! Not getting anyone excited?

Seriously though, we should be grateful for FTC...i think Perfect Strangers 8" and 12" figs are right around the corner and THEN maybe they'll think about releasing some new heroes and villains.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  They should have included a separate pink cowl. That would have at least made me think about it for a moment I think the two packs look nice, but I'm just in it for the figures though.
                  Bought my son Pink Cowl BM...never been more disappointed. Basically fell apart.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Geez people, lighten up. FTC has put out 18 different figures in the 66 line. They just showed eight brand new DC figures and five new Dukes figures.
                    They can't make everything at once. Patience...stuff is coming.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ The last wave came out in January, I thought by now the next one would be up for preorder. I am guessing you are counting the 18 inch figures as new? I'm not, nothing new there, just blow ups of previous figures.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

Although Variants are considered new I don't consider them new, just rehashes with different heads or facial expressions, so basically they have only really released 10 1966 figures to this point ... and I defenitly don't count the 66 Batman and Robin tied to a table as new figures... and Defenitly not the same figures on different card art. I Myself would like to see New figures hit before rehashes. And I think at this point it is pretty much a consensus that the FTC Bodies aren't good for anything... if they burned I'm not sure I would even throw them on a fire to keep it burning lol

And I am pretty sure I am not the only one that is not happy with them retiring waves while still using overstock in 2 packs and card variations.

I may not sound like a FTC fan but I am I am in to them for over 4K worth of product, I want them to succeed, but lets be honest here... Didn't Poor body quality kill the Mattel DC Retro line... Just saying lets not be Hypocrits and call a spade a spade...

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                          And I am pretty sure I am not the only one that is not happy with them retiring waves while still using overstock in 2 packs and card variations.
                          I think it unlikely a lot of the 2 packs are simply unsold overstock; more likely they are planned out in advance. With normal toy manufacturing, a comapany like Mattel has everything done overseas, packaging included, so re-packing old figures would mean tearing them out of the old packages, sending them back overseas, and having them repackaged there, then sent back here. It would be far too costly to make it worthwhile. Now, in FTC's case, they apparently have everything sent here and then put the packages together themselves, which might allow them to re-pack older stuff in new packages. But it still makes little sense; much of the stock we speak of sold out of the first run, and I seriously doubt FTC held back something they could have sold in the original wave simply to re-pakc it down the line. It also takes time to get packaging made and shipped here, so that indicates there had to be some lead time. Now, if something is up on the site for a while and doesn't sell out, I could see them doing this. But while Hatter is still available, the Batman figure sold out, so I doubt that is the case here. What we are more likely seeing with the re-hashes are a chance to get more use out of the molds and extend an already set-up run of figures to spread the cost out. The more figures you make, the less cost per figure in the long run.

I may not sound like a FTC fan but I am I am in to them for over 4K worth of product, I want them to succeed, but lets be honest here... Didn't Poor body quality kill the Mattel DC Retro line... Just saying lets not be Hypocrits and call a spade a spade...
                          FTC bodies are nowhere near as bad as the floppy mess Mattel used. While they aren't as good as the originals, they are usable. And there's no other female body out there that beats them right now (much as I love Doc Mego's stuff, the new female bodies I got from him are badly proportioned to the point I can't really use them). They aren't the best, but they are a vast improvement over what they used to use and anything Mattel was putting out.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                            Permanent Member
                            • Mar 7, 2011

Scott...

Better than something Bad does not make them good... EVERY single figure that I have bought is best while still in the packing... I am basically contorting them to get them to stand... and there isn't a day that goes by that I am not picking up my 66 figures up off the floor when I come home from work... and sorry to say it but aside from the Yvonne Female figure that is a hard get these days and a bit pricey($20) the best female figure out there is the Mattel DC Retro Female body... and the Cheetah figure can be had at bargain prices.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                              Although Variants are considered new I don't consider them new, just rehashes with different heads or facial expressions, so basically they have only really released 10 1966 figures to this point ...
                              I consider a figure with a completely different outfit new...opera Joker, softball Joker, grey suit Joker, boxing Batman and boxing Riddler...all very different, but to each his own. And as far as bodies go, I've purchased over 50 figures and not had a single body issue. In fact I had more issues with my Diamond Spider-man's outfit being full of snags and holes.
                              Guess it's all hit and miss and luck.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎