X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

RC Batman Cape and Cowl Questions / Help

I finally opened one of my RC Batmans. The goal was to move him to a Type S body (OT, but the FTC body was in very good shape. So much that my body-less Mattel Batman is going on it). Two issues though...

One, is there a safe way to smooth out the vinyl cape? It is a wrinkled mess!

And Two, anyone that has done the Type S swap, have you figured out how to get the cowl to sit lower on his head? I thought the cowl sat fine on the FTC body, but I popped it off too quick to be certain. On the Type S body, the shoulders seem higher and the cowl just won't stay down to where Bruce's eyes show through the eye holes. And with the FTC cowl being so rigid, after pushing it down, it goes right back into place. I did remold one of the front sides a little, but not enough to make a difference.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Don't know about the Cape, but I'd contact Doc Mego to see if he still has some repro BATMAN cowl's laying around. I didn't like the hard plastic one FTC made. But luckily I had a Doc Mego one already so I quickly replaced it.
    sigpic

Comment

• megonaught
      Career Member
      • Jan 29, 2008

Doc still has the cowl.
      You have to email him tho.
      Its not on the site.
      Action Jackson is his name.
      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks. I was thinking about doing that. I have a Doc Mego cowl from a long time ago (along with a Bruce Wayne head when they were hard resin and unpainted), but I have no ideal where they are!

I need to place an order anyway.

I like the vinyl cape, but I might replace it too, unless I decide to try and get the wrinkles out, hopefully without ruining it.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I have had success with placing the capes under a damp rag and ironing them on LOW heat. Be careful

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            I have had success with placing the capes under a damp rag and ironing them on LOW heat. Be careful
            Thanks! I was going to put it under a bath towel and iron under low heat, but I like this idea better.

I don't want to ruin it, but I am not tied to having the vinyl cape. I ordered some cowls from Dr. Mego and I ordered a regular cape too.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

If you look under "heads" on Dr. Mego's site, it's at the bottom under "Red panther mask". It can be recast with a different color.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                If you look under "heads" on Dr. Mego's site, it's at the bottom under "Red panther mask". It can be recast with a different color.
                "Recast?" The RC Batman Cowl I have is made in China.
                sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

please consider a hairdryer to soften the cape (not too hot so it does not melt), then press the main part of it in a heavy book

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by comicmike
                    please consider a hairdryer to soften the cape (not too hot so it does not melt), then press the main part of it in a heavy book
                    Great idea too! And with my daughter taking AP U.S. History, we have the heavy book covered

Thanks!

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I received my Dr. Mego cowls today... what a difference! It's nice and soft and fits perfectly on the Bruce Wayne head. And yes, it is manufactured in China, unlike the pink cowl I ordered, which is rigid like the FTC RC Batman cowl. And perfect for what I want it for too. The hard cowls are more like Bat biker helmets.

I still haven't had time to work on the cape yet.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎