X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Dida Displays Retired

Well, it's a fitting coincidence on this day when FTC announced it's doing a Mego Batcave that I'm announcing the end of Dida Displays. I've pretty much reached the last of my stock for basic Dida boxes. It's too expensive to re-order any more and I've run out of energy to make them like I used to. I'd like to thank everyone who has supported Didas over the years as customers and collaborators. Particularly grateful for The Toyroom and LaserMego and Austin MegoWGSH!

Dida's greatest hits:

The first hand-made prototoype!

This profile is no longer active.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Those all came out fantastic, my favorite is the Enterprise Bridge set, just love that!

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Sad Day in Megoville. Will you at least make the artwork available? Perhaps by digital download?

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

No!!!!!

So sorry to hear this. I've been amazed with gorgeous playsets you've made and was honored to be able to help.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
          GL of Mego Sector
          • Oct 8, 2007

Darn, I've always wanted one, I guess I'll just have to admire from a far. They always looked amazing!
          No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

My GOD---I thought the thread/initial post was crushing enough----THEN I saw the "hits" pics---some great stuff I never even saw in addition to the other fantastical stuff I've seen over the years!
            Cheers Scott---maybe one of these days I'll make enough "persuasion dough" to get ya out of retirement for ONE LAST PLAYSET!
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Well I am glad I got mine last year when I did. They really look great and lets face it many of you guys have enjoyed my Brick Mantooth Pad.

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 12, 2014

Thats a shame. These were some of the coolest things Ive ever seen. Always wanted to own one. These just might be the Greastest playsets ever!!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ubermanx
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 3, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy the Didas I have purchased from you Scott. Many many thanks.

- Marty

Comment

• noelani72
                      27inaleon
                      • Jun 25, 2002

true works of art.
                      I’d second Lee’s question - about selling digital downloads or something...
                      Whenever I get off my butt and finish my Dynomutt and Blue Falcon, I was going to use a slightly modified Brick’s Penthouse for his Lair.....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Such beautiful playsets, I never truly appreciated them until I saw several at last year's meet.

Your Superman/Kent "Telephone Booth" transporter was truly the stuff of childhood dreams.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Say it ain't so!!! Your playsets are some of my all-time favorite Mego creations. I was hoping we could make a Game of Thrones Dida one day.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

The Super Friends is still my favorite. I wish I had had the cash last year to get that one.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

So sad to hear that. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you Scott for bringing a real value to this hobby with your incredible creations. The Battlestar Galactica set I purchased is something I continue to beam over. My BSG collection would be pointless without this set which gives them that magical glow that truly hits my inner child. A masterpiece by every measure. Thank you for sharing your love and incredible talent to a hobby that looks so much better since you graced it with your incredible gifts. I'm proud to say I have a piece of that treasure and it will always stay with me. All my best Scott.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎