X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 29: Planet of the Apes 1

It's been a long time coming, the first foray into what is the quintessential science fiction block buster of the early 1970s, the Planet of the Apes Phenom.

Episode 1 deals with the first movie (we're going to take our time with this) and brushes lightly on the actors, the makeup, the script, our man crushes on Roddy McDowell and why the film had almost no merchandise when first released.

We also take our normal diversions like discovering Jason was on Deep Space 9 (!), Malcom McDowell knows his movie trivia, why Brian hates bowling for dollars, Mego toys, Rex Harrison, MST 3K and a Man called Sloane.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Plenty more content on the PodStallions Facebook page!

PODSTALLIONS ON ITUNES
    PODSTALLIONS RSS FEED

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Thanks for another enjoyable show. Though I've always liked Planet of the Apes, I was just a little young when it was the phenom, and so it's fun to listen to your memories of it.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Great stuff, a very fun listen! I've always had a huge soft spot for POTA. Can't wait until you guys get more indepth on the merchandising too.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

I'm saving up the eps now for part of my listening during the trip to MM in June.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Finally got around to listening. A fine start... feels like there's so much more. Thanks for mentioning the score by Jerry Goldsmith. He's a favorite of mine. Goldsmith's score got so weird, he even introduced metal mixing bowls into the the orchestra for otherworldly percussion effects.

Oh, and thanks to you two, I'm a bit poorer after buying an AHI Dr. Zaius Parachutist.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎