Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark Kent hiding in the Marvel Universe since 1976?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Clark Kent hiding in the Marvel Universe since 1976?

Has anyone read the yahoo home page news today, one of the threads comes from
    a website called thehuffingtonpost.com it's a newspaper from somewhere and there's
    an article about the Marvel writers using Clark Kent's name in some of there comics
    back in 1976

Couldn't get the weblink, but if you go to the yahoo home page and scroll down you'll
    see it. It's pretty interesting.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Pretty interesting reading. I do specifically remember that Walt Simonson panel from THOR and I think I busted a gut chuckling about it at the time. I'm sure that DC has likely had more than a few denizens of the MU wandering around in panel BGs, too. It's all in the name of good, clean fun.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks LonnieFisher for the weblink, it's pretty interesting reading, and wanted to share it with the museum folks.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I think there was an article in a TwoMorrows book or magazine chronicling all the unofficial "crossovers" including the Clark sneaks. Many of them are pretty blatant!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I'd love to see a crossover DC and Marvel movie made in theaters, something like Clark Kent and Peter Parker
            cover a big news story outside of there cities, and Supes and Spidey combing forces to combat what dangerous
            elements threaten our society.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              I'd love to see a crossover DC and Marvel movie made in theaters, something like Clark Kent and Peter Parker
              cover a big news story outside of there cities, and Supes and Spidey combing forces to combat what dangerous
              elements threaten our society.
              MARVEL/Disney had to jump through hoop after hoop after hoop just to get Spidey quasi-back, so I think the ONLY way we'd ever see a MARVEL/DC crossover on the silver screen would be for Disney to buy WB/DC, which might not be a bad idea. Can you imagine a SUPERMAN movie made with the MCU sensibilities? It might actually be fun again!!!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I remember reading a DC book from the early 70's where the main characters (it might have been a solo Robin adventure) went to a small town where they had a Halloween parade. Many of the locals were dressed in what were clealy Marvel hero costumes.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Yep, the Rutland, Vermont Halloween parade and party, hosted by Tom F-a-g-an. It featured in several stories, including an unofficial JLA/Avengers crossover cooked up by the writers of each book, and the classic Batman tale "Night of the Reaper" by O'Neil, Adams and Giordano.

Edited because the filter thought the man's name to be a slur.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎