Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mars Attacks,Starroid Raiders and ......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarcomics
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 19, 2014

Mars Attacks,Starroid Raiders and ......

zhor starroids.jpgWhatever happened to Mars Attacks Mego Style and Starroid Raiders aka Cosmic Raiders? We keep getting new lines mentioned all the time from the Monkeys to Scooby Doo and then the older stuff just VANISHES into "promised obscurity." I believe BOTH lines were mentioned back in 2014 and then no word was ever mentioned again? What in the world is going on? Im REALLY looking forward to both lines and no one has any info as to what happened

mars attacks.jpg
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

These aren't coming from FTC. They're from the company Heroes in Action. There's no new news about them, but here's some old threads.

One of the more pleasant surprises from this past weekend’s Mego Meet 2014 was Heroes in Action Toys announcement of the new Cosmic Raiders line of action figures. Based on the classic 1970s toy line by Tomland toys that went under such names as Star Raiders (http://www.plaidstallions.com/tomland/), Star Command and

We were lucky enough to spend some time last weekend with Mark Huckabone from Heroes in Action toys to conduct an interview. One of the nicer things he shared with us is this prototype head sculpt from hisupcoming Mars Attacks! line, which now includes a moving jaw. All the better to yell “Ack! Ack!” with…
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• firestarcomics
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 19, 2014

I know they aren't coming from FTC however, no one on the forum knows whatever became of these lines and why they never happened...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by firestarcomics
        I know they aren't coming from FTC however, no one on the forum knows whatever became of these lines and why they never happened...
        They are still happening. Factory negotiations are impeding the schedule but I'm in contact with HIA right now.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

THat's good news. I have a few of the heads floating around from the original figures I've picked up over the years, but it would be nice to have a good version of the original concept. The advantage here will be in a much better body for the figures, which makes the re-dos more desirable for me than the originals.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

An update would be great--I'm still interested in HIA lines, including Presidential Monsters.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I wonder if they are using the same factory for the Scary Godmother figure? The Kickstarter updates for those figures are looking really cool.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I had the Cyclops as a kid...wouldn't mind getting him back.
                sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Sure wish they're be an update on these. I'm always a bit surprised how under the radar the HIA stuff is.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, I am dying for an update on both these lines. Hopefully there will be some news fro Megomeet?

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Interview with Huckabone from about a year ago.
                      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

*sigh* I've been coveting HIA's proposed "Spirit of 76" for what seems like years.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2013

I checked their website and Facebook and it doesn't look promising. People have posted asking about the Monster Presidents but no replies. I wonder how long they have the Mars Attacks license for?

Comment

• binkystarr
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 16, 2015

So, in other words NONE of these two amazing lines are happening?! I was REALLY looking forward to these two lines Mars Attacks and Starroid Raiders

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

I can wait.
                              Thing is: in the old days, new figures just turned up on the shelves out of the blue. There was no info, no pre-orders. One day they weren't there, and the next day they were.
                              That was a lot less stressful than playing the waiting game.
                              These days, I think we sometimes know too much in advance. And the suspense kills us.
                              Making toys takes time. If the end result is a quality toy, it's all good...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎