X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Time Runs Out

First off if this has been posted before I apologise but I was reading Crisis on Infinite Earths today I was thinking how much like that story line Marvel were going with their time runs out new secret wars crossover was going had anyone else noticed the similarity? and if so do you think that writers should try some thing new rather than rework old ideas?
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

there are no new ideas... just executions of those ideas. Having followed writer Jonathan Hickman's work for a number of years not at Marvel, I'm enjoying it a great deal. he's really brought longform storytelling to an entirely new level, and I can see how some readers might be frustrated jumping on board this. There are threads here that were set up in his runs on Fantastic Four and Ultimate Avengers that are FINALLY paying out. The complexity is incredibly given the enormous cast of characters and huge overarching story. Bravura stuff in an age where writers typically write five issue arcs for the single trade.

Nice to see longform making a comeback in the past few years at Marvel with Dan Slott on Spider-man, and of course Bendis has really mined this area for quite some time.

The latest issues of New Avengers have been terrific. Folks scratching their heads at developments in Thor would enjoy the moments where Thor gets a hammer belonging to a parallel universe Thor who was Unworthy.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎