Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about DC's Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier, Blackhawk, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amby87
    • Nov 21, 2009

How about DC's Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier, Blackhawk, etc.

I would personally love to see an 8" DC military/adventure line featuring the likes of Sgt. Rock and Easy Co., Unkown Soldier, Haunted Tank, Blackhawk, GI Robot, Enemy Ace, and others. Lots of potential enemies both character-wise and generic. Something like this would also cater to nonMego collectors as I think the Dreams and Visions sets did fairly well overall. I realize there's a snowballs chance in **** of seeing any of these but it's nice to dream.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I'd buy Sgt. Rock!!
    sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I do realize that there are some good sales to be had with the military/GI Joe looking characters. I personally love the Blackhawk uniforms.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Wasimhosen
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 23, 2011

I'd totally be in for a Rock and an Unknown Soldier. Maybe Mlle. Marie.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Unknown Soldier & Enemy Ace? I'm in!

The Unknown Soldier's head could be reused for Negative Man.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I'd buy a Mego 8" Sgt Rock, I have the DC Direct 13" (& 6") Sgt Rock!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

The Creature Commandos would have more crossover appeal. I'd just be happy to see more new characters instead of the same 10 or so rehashed over and over.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ True, that. Creature Commandos could have custom appeal, too--I've wanted a Mego Medusa for many years.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

As a kid, I absolutely loved Sgt. Rock, GI Combat, Blackhawk, and Jonah Hex. I would love to see some of these non-superhero books made into figures.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

WWII era military clothes and weapons I'm in for a few!!!
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

That would be a fantastic wave to me. WarLord would also be cool.

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by amby87
                        I would personally love to see an 8" DC military/adventure line featuring the likes of Sgt. Rock and Easy Co., Unkown Soldier... Something like this would also cater to nonMego collectors as I think the Dreams and Visions sets did fairly well overall.
                        I lucked out and got Rock and Easy Company, Unknown Soldier, and Mademoiselle Marie all reduced at Tuesday Morning a few years back, and I love them. Never saw Enemy Ace or Blackhawk. I'd buy 8" versions of Sgt Rock and Blackhawk, no question.

BTW, check out the awesome 1/6 Rock custom Aneses made a while back: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...-sgt-rock.html

Originally posted by madmarva
                        That would be a fantastic wave to me. WarLord would also be cool.
                        Man, I'd be all over Warlord or Arak, Son of Thunder.

Comment

• skullface
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 29, 2012

I dont think the 1/6 did very well.....so I dont think mego scale has a chance. But it would be cool.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I would buy a Sgt.Rock/Black Hawk 2 pack but I don't know if there is enough remego collectors for FTC to do waves. I also would like
                            Deadman,Spectre. Dr. Fate and Zatanna magic wave but it's the same problem (sales) versus sticking with DC icons that do sell well

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

Warlord would be very cool! And they could use the same basic head as Green Arrow with different paint! Or at least the same head without the mask. Another call for an Oliver Queen figure!

Plus the helmet could be very cool for a Hawkman variant!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎