X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Mickey, will DC thrive this year?

Will there be plenty of new waves of Batman, Batman 66, Superman, and Teen Titans this year? Will there be any new character driven waves like Shazam, Wonder Woman, or Flash? Lots of new lines, I just hope DC does not get shoved aside. I must say there is a lot of great stuff announced. I hope FTC is doing great, there is a ton of product in the pipeline.
  • mickeymoosemego
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by drogge
    Will there be plenty of new waves of Batman, Batman 66, Superman, and Teen Titans this year? Will there be any new character driven waves like Shazam, Wonder Woman, or Flash? Lots of new lines, I just hope DC does not get shoved aside. I must say there is a lot of great stuff announced. I hope FTC is doing great, there is a ton of product in the pipeline.
    No worries on the DC Lines.(Jaws Pun)-Your going to need a bigger boat! All I can say it's all coming. Almost everything you wanted from DC and thought you would never see!

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Yeah! I'm concerned too that FTC continues to get distracted with the non superhero lines (i.e. Scooby Doo, Monkees, Harry Potter, etc.) and paused releasing the DC Hero lines. The last three announcements have been non superhero lines while we were announced the retro Batman Wave #4 and TV Batman Wave #4 long time ago and still nothing...

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
        No worries on the DC Lines.(Jaws Pun)-Your going to need a bigger boat! All I can say it's all coming. Almost everything you wanted from DC and thought you would never see!
        That is great news. I look forward to some announcements. Sounds like I better start saving. My wish list includes,
        Steve Trevor
        Flash villains
        Batman villains
        Atom
        Black Canary
        Plastic Man
        Firestorm
        Green Lantern wave
        Shazam wave
        Dr. Fate
        Superman villains
        And more.....
        FTC is pulling out all the stops.
        Last edited by drogge; Mar 29, '15, 9:28 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

I would like to put in some pre orders hopefully soon on Shazam wave, Titans, Hawkman etc and I hope Harley Quinn is in wave 4 with Scarecrow and Ras al Ghul, & Batman.
          I will have to have Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter,Atom and Black Canary to get most of what I wan't with WGH plus several other figures

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I am anxious for more Super Friends news and Legion of Doom! Teen Titans Series 2! 7" Robin! 66 Batgirl Yvonne Craig! JLA Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, etc! 18" DC FEMALES Super Gals to go with 18" heroes and villians!

My dream is for FTC to have such success with DC to win rights to Lynda Carter Wonder Woman and Christopher Reeve Superman! I'd love Megos of those 2 icons to interact with Batman 66 Megos, of course! A 70s childhood fantasy!

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I too worry that FTC will get side tracked away from new Super Hero figures. I don't feel the 18" Super Heroes are a step in the right direction. I have no interest in them.

I really want to see NEW sculpts for DC Heroes: A "realistic" BATMAN & ROBIN(preferably a Neal Adams). Plus, Green Lantern and The Flash.
              sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I am still hoping this will be the year of an 8" Wonder Woman wave. I'd love to see her redone in the style of the old 12" Wonder Woman. I think that is justified at this point based on customer demand. If it came across with the original 8" mego head and footie pajamas, I'd expect open revolt at this point!

Wonder Woman, Diana Prince (dress blues), Steve Trevor, Queen Hypolita.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I am still hoping this will be the year of an 8" Wonder Woman wave. I'd love to see her redone in the style of the old 12" Wonder Woman. I think that is justified at this point based on customer demand.

JeffBearCO

I hear ya. I saw one on the shelf at local Comic Shop...but just couldn't bring myself to buy her.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Would love to see the Atom brought to Mego glory. He was one I always wanted as a kid.

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I would love to see repro'd Type 1 skinny boots (Batman & Superman), with stirrup suits too

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

After seeing what FTC is capable of doing in the 66 line, I'm EAGER to see them make progress!

I'm over remaking the original figures. Those of us that wanted them have them. Blank spots have been filled in.

Now impress us with what you are capable of doing NOW!

I'd even be willing to spend the $100 on the 18" figures if they were impressive, updated versions of characters I want. But 8" Robin was my least favorite figure as a kid. I always thought his hair looked like devil horns. He was creepy looking. Seeing the same figure in 18" did not impress.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by drogge
                          That is great news. I look forward to some announcements. Sounds like I better start saving. My wish list includes,
                          Steve Trevor
                          Flash villains
                          Batman villains
                          Atom
                          Black Canary
                          Plastic Man
                          Firestorm
                          Green Lantern wave
                          Shazam wave
                          Dr. Fate
                          Superman villains
                          And more.....
                          FTC is pulling out all the stops.

Looks like you might have a good year!

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

Don't forget Hawkgirl
                            Martian Manhunter
                            Ultraman and the CSA of Earth 3
                            Powergirl

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

With the new CW series coming out, Rip Hunter, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Firestorm and Atom will be popular characters even if they are in their classic costumes. I'd still prefer removable cowl/mask versions. Those along with Green Arrow and an 8" Teen Titans Arsenal (long pants) and a Flash and some of his Rogues Gallery would be cool!

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎