X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Carry On Screaming

I got caught up in this movie this morning on TCM. A British film from 1966 that is a send-up of Hammer films. It was a fun flick. I had no idea there even was a "Carry On" series of films before this.

Anyone else seen this?

Chris
    sigpic
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

No, but it sounds interesting.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

they made around 30 films i think ,the infos in the link above ,from 1958 to the late 90s ,saucy seaside postcard humor at best ,the actors real lives were stranger than the parts they played lo,,these are definitely worth a watch for a insight to actors who were trapped by the public perception of who they were and what they should do with their talent ,and the sad end that some of them came to

Introduction to the 1998 Channel 4 documentary "Carry On Darkly". ... Posted the whole programme by request, in 6 parts. ;-)

Dramatisation of the love affair between Sidney James and Barbara Windsor, played out against the backdrop of the 'Carry On' films during the 1960s and 1970s...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Apparently the humor was more sexually charged in most of the other films. There was some of that in "Screaming", but it seems tame compared to the Benny Hill like sound of the other flicks. Interesting. If they'd spoofed Hammer of the 70s...they would have been way behind in that department!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• trekman101
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2009

I saw many of their films growing up......they always reminded me of the Bowery boys movies
          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

This one had two Frankenstein/Werewolf hybrids that were some kind of revived neanderthal, a Dr. Jekyl/Werewolf potion, a mad scientist/ghoul/ghost, and a Vampira-like hot chick. Lots of fun.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

Lol, the 'Best of British' as they were/are affectionalty known over here. There are a few that frown upon them for what they are, but there's also a great 'cult' following of them. Full of sexual innuendo, but very innocent at the same time and full of British humour. Some of them are a little bit saucier than others.

Comment

• wolfie
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 31, 2007

Frying Tonight. lol

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡