X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willykfg
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 24, 2010

12" Spock Re-Paint

This started out as a plastidip project. The de-graying process did not work after 5 or 6 treatments and it was peeling paint off. Anyway, I repainted the head flesh color and added the details after that opting to change the color above the eyes to the blue tint shown. Don't know if they changed the formula for Plastidip, but mine is black.anyway...
    P3220077.jpg
    Last edited by willykfg; Mar 28, '15, 7:11 AM.
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Good paints...

Comment

• k2
      Career Member
      • Sep 12, 2007

Great paint job, I thought you were supposed to use red plastidip?

Comment

• willykfg
        Museum Patron
        • Apr 24, 2010

Originally posted by k2
        Great paint job, I thought you were supposed to use red plastidip?
        Is there a difference? I thought it was red when I got it. Then I thought maybe they changed the formula, but there must be different colors. Can anyone clarify?

Comment

• k2
          Career Member
          • Sep 12, 2007

They use red here and I am pretty sure I read somewhere it needs to be red to work, just can't find it now

Oh yeah, there is different colors

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^I've never found the Plasti-dip worth using honestly, because even if it does work, they go back to gray shortly thereafter. But that's my results. Either way, your Spock looks great, so you probably came out ahead!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

The key to using the plasti method is dry condition. The less the humidity the better it takes to the vinyl. And yes, red is the only dip that should be used when doing the process in my opinion. I've done dips in the past and they've lasted years. Some heads don't take...one being the Human Torch. Most of the 12 inch heads take but sometimes they revert back to gray. Not as bad as when it first starts out. One more thing...the least tackiness that is in the zombied head the better it will take to the plasti dip method. That tackiness is the oild coming out of the vinyl and that is not good when it comes down to using the plasti method.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎