X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Can FTC do a Swamp Thing 8" retro ?

Does FTC have the rights to do a Swamp Thing re mego ? I would like either movie ,TV show or comic version . If Emce could do a
    really nice Creature from Black lagoon and Mego a S.T.Nebulon than why not
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think FTC can do most any DC character. I'd like a few occult characters including Swamp Thing.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

Swamp Thing is at the top of my list. What about it Mickey ? Any chance ?

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
        Swamp Thing is at the top of my list. What about it Mickey ? Any chance ?

I'll will check into that for you. Got me thinking right away about Adrienne Barbeau.

Comment

• megomania
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
          I'll will check into that for you. Got me thinking right away about Adrienne Barbeau.
          Can you do me a huge solid and ask FTC if there are any plans to make Bear the chimp from BJ and the Bear, dressed as Bear Bryant? Please??!!!! I've always wanted a chimp in a tweed jacket and Fedora.

Thanks Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

I would also like an Adrienne Barbeau figure( if they can do movie Swamp Thing) but I'll take any version including cartoon version .

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
              Can you do me a huge solid and ask FTC if there are any plans to make Bear the chimp from BJ and the Bear, dressed as Bear Bryant? Please??!!!! I've always wanted a chimp in a tweed jacket and Fedora.

Thanks Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I'm going to go out on he Limb and here and say I don't think you'll be seeing this. Swamp thing and his pals is still however in the unknown column.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                I would also like an Adrienne Barbeau figure( if they can do movie Swamp Thing) but I'll take any version including cartoon version .
                Aren't they making one with the Maude line?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

DC Collectibles made an Adrienne Barbeau figure last year the BTAS 6" Catwoman who Adrienne did voice for!

DCC also made Deluxe New 52 Swamp Thing figure with antlers and WINGS! Still want artist Bernie Wrightson/ actor Dick Durrock Swampy!

Comment

• newlyknighted
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 21, 2010

I scream. You scream. We all scream for SWAMP THING!!!

Please. Make. This. Figure.
                    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

Ill take a Swamp Thing.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Isn't Swamp Thing technically Vertigo?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

I would love to see Abby come out with Alec as well. Would be great to have them on Kresge cards.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                            Isn't Swamp Thing technically Vertigo?
                            Not any longer. For many years, that was the case, which is why Mattel couldn't make him for quite some time (and why he could never make an appearance in the animated TV series like Justice League, even though he'd had his own cartoon and toy line in the 90's). But a few years back, DC re-integrated several of the Vertigo characters that had started in the mainstream books (like Swamp Thing, Shade the Changing Man and John Constantine) back into the mainstream and, thus, back into the regular DC license. This is why Mattel was finally able to make a DC Universe Classics Swampy and Constantine in the waning years of the line. Since FTC got the DC license after this re-integration, it's pretty safe to say that he's available for use. Whether or not he's on FTC's list to make is another question entirely, of course. Technically, Swampy was planned for the fourth, unreleased wave of the Super Powers line (there are strong suspicions that one of the Swamp Thing line's figures was basically what was planned for the SP wave, as it was in scale and had the requisite "squeeze the legs together" activated action feature), so he could technically come under that heading/packaging. Of course, a cool set of Swampy, Cain, Abel and either Patchwork Man or Arcane from the 70's DC suspense books would be more than welcome, as well. Even more welcome would be an all Swampy wave, with Arcane, PW Man, Abigail Arcane and Matt Cable. Maybe even Nathan Ellery of the Conclave, using the fat body.
                            Last edited by scott metzger; Mar 30, '15, 2:48 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014

I started reading Swamp Thing with original series in the 1970's and back than he fought Batman so he should be in the DCU. There is classic 70's comic version
                              and movie,t.v. show,and cartoon version any will do for mego but please no version with antlers and wings .Whats next a tail ?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎