Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1976 Vintage COMPLETE 12-piece Super Hero Stamp collection!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOU
    Museum FIN-atic
    • Nov 20, 2003

For Sale 1976 Vintage COMPLETE 12-piece Super Hero Stamp collection!

Up for sale here is a set of 1976 Celebrity SUPER HERO STAMPS for DC and MARVEL!
    There's the COMPLETE SET of 12 mint, unopened, and shrink wrapped stamp sets, 6 for Marvel and 6 for DC. Also included is the two stamp album books. The DC one is totally empty, the Marvel one has a few stamps inside...kind of a bonus I guess since you'll already have all the stamps unopened.

Please note...these are highly collectible. Before you make an offer please consult E-Bay for approximate value on these. Having said that, please feel free to send reasonable offers. Sold strictly as a complete set only.

• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

PM sent.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

I had the Marvel book growing up and had quite a few stamps. I believe there are gold foil embossed stamps if I remember correctly? Very cool set.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

What a magnificent set!

Comment

• MEMEGO
          Career Member
          • Sep 6, 2007

What are you asking for this?

Comment

• LOU
            Museum FIN-atic
            • Nov 20, 2003

Hi guys! Yes there are gold foil embossed stamps in each set as I recall. I too have some great memories of these...in fact for whatever reason I specifically remember one Friday night watching Hulk and Wonder Woman while putting my stamps in the albums!! Right now I am taking offers on the set and will be getting to the PMs now. If I had to name a price I'd say $360 shipped and insured for the whole set. They aren't cheap because it gets expensive trying to assemble this set individually. That comes out to about $25 per stamp set and $20 per book plus $20 shipping and insurance. Trying to get all of these cheaper than that individually will be no easy task. This way you get them all, unopened, in one fell swoop...an instant complete collection without having to search out each set individually...and pay individual shipping on each set individually...if you could even find all the stamp sets that is. Here you get it all at once! Will be checking and answering PMs now.
            So first $360 shipped and insured takes them all!!
            Thanks guys!
            Last edited by LOU; Mar 25, '15, 5:51 PM.

Comment

• LOU
              Museum FIN-atic
              • Nov 20, 2003

BUMP! A great, vintage stamp collection here that's totally COMPLETE is still available at a great price! It would be extremely tough to assemble this set buying individual pieces...and quite expensive...so here's a chance to get the COMPLETE SET for one great price! First $360 takes it! That includes shipping and insurance!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by LOU
                BUMP! A great, vintage stamp collection here that's totally COMPLETE is still available at a great price! It would be extremely tough to assemble this set buying individual pieces...and quite expensive...so here's a chance to get the COMPLETE SET for one great price! First $360 takes it! That includes shipping and insurance!
                Good luck Lou! Awesome set for the right buyer.

Comment

• LOU
                  Museum FIN-atic
                  • Nov 20, 2003

Thanks Hammer! Yes indeed it is. I'm sure someone will snag it at this price! Hell I'd buy it from myself if I didn't need to sell it LOL!

Comment

• RickD
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 31, 2011

you will pay much more if you tried to put this entire Marvel and DC set together separately. Some of these sell $40-50 a piece.

Great deal at $25 a piece.

Comment

• LOU
                      Museum FIN-atic
                      • Nov 20, 2003

Very true 80stoyman!! I am 100% totally confident in your pricing assessment! There is no way anyone would be able to assemble this vintage set for less than my $360 asking price...no way. Just even finding all the stamps to even have an opportunity to buy them to begin with in itself is tough. Then there would be all the individual shipping costs buying them separately. Here someone gets the whole complete set in one shot! $25 a piece is indeed a great deal!
                      Some lucky Mego era collector is going to score themselves a great collection here!

Comment

• LOU
                        Museum FIN-atic
                        • Nov 20, 2003

In spite of the great deal this lot already was I'm dropping the price one last time. It needs to sell or I need to send it off with the storage boxes this week to get it out of here....
                        soooo MY ROCK BOTTOM price for this awesome set is $330 SHIPPED and INSURED! WOW! I absolutely, positively will not be going any lower. The stamp set sells or it goes off in storage to the Island Of Misfit Toys this week! Oh and payment must be made using Paypal and using gift or family/friends option only please and thank you! So snag them at the great price of $330 shipped!

P.S.- any items left over in any of my older sales threads on the older pages are also headed to storage this week so check those threads out for one last chance to buy those few remaining items. Thanks guys!

Comment

• LOU
                          Museum FIN-atic
                          • Nov 20, 2003

LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL...I mean last call on the stamp set here LOL!...$330 shipped and insured takes them, an unbeatable deal on this TOTALLY COMPLETE set if you ever wanted them for your collection. You'll pay WAY more getting all 14 pieces separately.

So last call on these ...they head back to storage tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon on the truck! Thanks guys!
                          Last edited by LOU; Apr 1, '15, 2:10 AM.

Comment

• LOU
                            Museum FIN-atic
                            • Nov 20, 2003

Hey guys! Good news for you, bad news for me! So much for rock bottom pricing LOL!
                            After a lengthy discussion today with a very nice member here who is VERY knowledgeable about these particular stamp sets, I have decided to listen to his advice and lower the price to better match the going price on these things which isn't as high as I had thought. This member sure knows his stuff so I am heeding his advice. Thanks to this member for taking the time to send such a lengthy message educating me on these sets whereby helping me sell them...very nice of you!

Soooo anyway...
                            I will actually let this set go shipped and insured for $220!!!! That's about $15 per 14 pieces here!

So I decided to keep them here at my place and didn't send them off to storage tonight with the other stuff so I will just stick them in a drawer for safe keeping until/in case they sell. So I still have them ready to ship.
                            Sadly, however, everything else in my other sales threads aside from the trading card sets is gone back to storage now and is no longer available for purchase for the time being.

So there you have it...my absolute rock bottom price turned out to be anything but rock bottom thanks to this nice member's info today. Members helping out members...that's what it's all about!
                            Thanks guys!

Comment

• LOU
                              Museum FIN-atic
                              • Nov 20, 2003

STAMPS ARE SOLD!
                              Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢