X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

flap boots

do you have any plans to do more flap boots in the future.
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

I think this was 1 of the molds that were stolen from them.

I love the flap boots - they really need to make more - if they can.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah! I loved those.
      JediJaida

Comment

• gaga4toyz
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 10, 2004

I remember sitting in front of the TV sculpting the flaps over the top of some prototype boots we bought from Charlie flatt. It was quite easy to do even with my limited sculpting ability. The indents on the side were just where I squeezed my thumb and forefinger together. After molding, casting, and wet sanding until I didn't have any fingerprints, Dave and I were quite happy with the results. Dave and I were quite fond of the pirate and cowboy gear and had big dreams of creating as many options as possible to build some fun figures. Bouncing ideas back and forth, we were able to put alot of subtle nuances into the parts and pieces that had an old skool feel, while also updating and pushing the design a bit. It's good to see after several years to see projects you've worked on still being appreciated.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

It's too bad you can't commission another set of molds for these. I loved the look of them, and I was ticked off at myself for not buying more of them. I was also ticked off at how you boys were robbed by that jerk.

I hope that we see these again at some point down the road.
          JediJaida

Comment

• gaga4toyz
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 10, 2004

I'm not part of the Castaway team anymore, just reminiscing about the process and heart Dave and I put into our projects. I would also like to see the flap boots made again by Dave and crew. I could use a few pair.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Wish I had more to add that simply "me too", but... me too. Would love to see these for sale again.

Comment

• kept back
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 2, 2002

Loved the pirate boots. Way cool.
                Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by gaga4toyz
                  I remember sitting in front of the TV sculpting the flaps over the top of some prototype boots we bought from Charlie flatt. It was quite easy to do even with my limited sculpting ability. The indents on the side were just where I squeezed my thumb and forefinger together. After molding, casting, and wet sanding until I didn't have any fingerprints, Dave and I were quite happy with the results. Dave and I were quite fond of the pirate and cowboy gear and had big dreams of creating as many options as possible to build some fun figures. Bouncing ideas back and forth, we were able to put alot of subtle nuances into the parts and pieces that had an old skool feel, while also updating and pushing the design a bit. It's good to see after several years to see projects you've worked on still being appreciated.
                  That is awesome - thanks for that inside look/story. You guys did an amazing job on them - outstanding!
                  Figures like Captain America should NEVER been seen wearing anything else - LOL

They were / are perfect in everyway!
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by gaga4toyz
                    I'm not part of the Castaway team anymore, just reminiscing about the process and heart Dave and I put into our projects. I would also like to see the flap boots made again by Dave and crew. I could use a few pair.
                    That's a shame. Those boots didn't split under pressure and were very sturdy.
                    JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎