Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Mego
    Vet.
    • May 22, 2007

Sorry had to repost,Holy Bat Crap . im sitting here in glee looking at the Manssion. Not that Im suprised to see you have this in your collection. This brings a real smile to my face to see. I love you dedication to real scale items. I wish I could say how cool I think this is. Abosolutly why I make customs , things like this truley inspire me.

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

I realy like your Penguin.

That's a pretty special custom.
      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

Welcome back. Impressive entrance, I must say. I really like how you kept the figures as mego style as you could, only like a deluxe version. The details are key, like the pressed crease in Penguins pants, and the layers of the Jokers suit. Nice presentation. With so much text I thought the post would be a long boring read, but was quite insightful. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing what you are up to next.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• JMC
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 3, 2004

Glad to see you back! You and Chris were some of my earliest inspirations.

Comment

• darklord1967
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2008

Wow!

Thanks a million for all the love, guys!! This is all some serious fuel for my firey return to this hobby, let me tell you! I could just burst!

With the way I feel, the very BEST is yet to come in this project! I've recruited some help from an extremely talented MEGO customizer. Between the two of us, we've got something pretty nice planned.

It's still too early to reveal more specifics. But I will unveil all details as we get closer to completion.

Chris, thanks a million for the nice words. I had no idea that I helped provide even the tiniest bit of inspiration to a MEGO customizing giant like you! I'm honored! Ditto to you, JMC!

HQ, my custom Penuin and I both thank you for the compliment. He seems to be a favorite of many people that see this series. I guess he's a character that few people expect to see customized.

MegoRonin, I think your description of my customs is probably the most accurate I've ever read in terms of what I was attempting to achieve
            I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• mikeoz
              Mego Maker
              • Mar 9, 2007

I love your Batman customs! Welcome back! It'll be cool to see the figures inside the mansion.
              Looking for:
              Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Wowzers. That is great stuff.
                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• darklord1967
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2008

Greetings Jessica!

It's so nice to meet you! I always find it so gratifying to see a talented lady among the rest of us lowly grunts here in this male-dominated hobby of action figure customizing.

And of course, I was completely floored the first time I saw your custom Taylor Astronaut Action Figure! Beautiful top-notch sewing work! My heartiest congratulations on your recent spotlight selection here on the boards. You deserve it!
                  I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Wow. This is a total improvement. I am anxiously awaiting to see what else you have done with the others. Keep me posted.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎