Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Comic Book Inventory Program do you use...if any?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

What Comic Book Inventory Program do you use...if any?

I have roughly 8,500+ Books that have been neglected for years & I desperately need to catalog them so I know what back issues I need to get or replace.

Poking around the 'Net I came across a few options:

======================================
    ComicBase (18.0.5) ($59.95 - $399.95)...Seems to be the King of the Hill. MASSIVE DB of Comics, BUT it is insanely expensive for the version I think I would need.

Comic Collector (Cobalt.10.6) ($29.95 - $49.95)...Seems to be the sweet spot, not too expensive, and a lot of features.

Comic Collector Live ($29.95 Annual Subscription)...A lot like Comic Collector but the DB didn't seem to have been updated for a while.

ComicBookDB (FREE) entirely online and DB doesn't appear to be as vast as the ones mentioned above...BUT, it's FREE.

Stash My Comics (FREE) Another FREE Online ONLY Services, DB appears to be even newer then ComicBook DB, BUT it CLAIMS to even Inventory your Action Figures, Statues, & Games.
    ======================================

I'm sorta leaning towards Comic Collector, but I was curious if anyone on the boards uses any of these programs/services or any other application (excluding Spreadsheets) I haven't listed to inventory their books.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Excel. ;-)
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

I just switch from using an Xcel spreadsheet to Comic Collector.

For the most part it was very simple and I do like having the companion smartphone app. Sometimes, having the photo of the comic you are missing is helpful.

The only real complaint I have is some titles were entered very amateurly and inconsistantly. Titles amongst volumes are not the same (Avengers, Vol1 and The Avengers V2).

- Marty

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

Pencil and paper.
        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• WannabeMego
          Made in the USA
          • May 2, 2003

Thanx to those that have replied...

Thanx Marty...Nice to hear comments from someone actually using it.

Anyone else have any experience with any Inventory Programs?
          Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• MegoSteve
            Superman's Pal
            • Jun 17, 2005

I just keep a spreadsheet on Google Drive.

Comment

• Killer Iguana
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 6, 2013

I use Comic Collector. I don't to the annual subscription. That allows you to get the updates when available. The updates seems to come in bunches. Sometimes they'll go months with nothing, but then get them every few weeks. You can add this service at any time to get the updates, and you can cancel it at any time. I think you can also add this service on a monthly basis for $2.50 a month.
              What I really like is being able to upload my "Want List" onto my iPod, so every time I go to a comic book shop or show, I always have my list with me. They also have an app you can use on smart phone or tablet, but that's an additional charge.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎