X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
    My favourite one that I owned was the circus train, all those animals were awesome! My favourite that I never owned was the castle. The first time I saw it at some kids house it blew my mind. At that point I was probably too old for these toys but I couldn't resist playing with it, great toy!
    Yeah, my neighbour's little sister had this, she was like four and I was eight. I was supposed to be there to play Superfriends but that Castle took and hour out of that morning.

Also, Wow did I strike a nerve. This list is the most popular thing PS has ever done.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JWLJN
      Veteran Member
      • May 7, 2013

I wanted the houseboat so bad. It was in a toy catalog when I was a kid, but it was older at that point and I don't think it was still in stores.

My favorites were the western town, mini-mart ('80s I think), and Main Street ('80s version of the shown village, or so it seems).

-J\/\/
      http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

I was the oldest of six, and we had lots of LP sets through the years. I had the farm for as far back as I could remember, and I can still recall being four and sitting in the shopping cart at just squealing when my dad operated the demo garage and the car went up the elevator and raced down the ramp. I had some money my uncle had sent me and they bought it for me that night. That was my favorite way past when I should have been playing with FPLP, but that mechanism always intrigued me. My brothers and sisters I know had the Sesame Street, the village/Main Street, the school house, the airport, the houseboat, the A-frame house and the other house. My sister had the castle, and I remember playing Robin Hood (loved Errol Flynn even back then) with it, using that huntsman figure as Robin.

As you can imagine, changing hands that many times, most of them were pretty well thrashed through the years. I still have the tall, green-bodied guy who I remember re-purposing as an action hero before I had GI Joe or Megos. He sits on the shelf with my Joes right now.

When my son was born, I spotted a LP garage at a toy show and bought it on the spot, I also picked up a Farm as well and had hours of play with him and later my daughter with them. The best part about the farm I though them was that I also bought extra animals from the dealer, so our farm had two of each farm animal as well as a monkey (from the circus set) to keep thing lively at our little RFD. Ours have been put away, too, as my son just left for college this past fall and my daughter's starting high school next year. But put away is relative -- my daughter still has the farm sitting out in her room, tucked away in a corner. I'm also looking forward to pulling these sets out when grandkids one day how up.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

My kids also loved and played with the LP garage and house I had as a toddler. I do have to admit that they were a bit more harsh with the sets and pieces than I was, but as some decals tore or pony tails got snapped off, I realized I would much rather see the toys played with and enjoyed than just sitting in our basement.

My son still pulls them out and plays with the garage, but it now mostly harbors hot wheels cars and no little people during playtime.
          It's all good!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

These are by far some of my most favorite childhood toys, so many vivid memories attached to them. Little People and Adventure People play sets definitely got the most quality playtime in my house. The garage is still my favorite but the castle is a close second. I even used that castle later on for adventures with my Kenner and Mego 3-3/4 inch figures!

Comment

• VintageJoe70
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 12, 2016

We had a lot of those, and my 2 favorites were #1 and #2 as well...my only complaint with sesame street is that some of the regular characters didn't come with it, you had to buy them in a separate set...The count was one of the figures...
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I had that Circus Train for years. My Mom put it in the attic and some critters decided to chew it up.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡