Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I kinda knew these would be really expensive. I wouldn't pay that much, just like I won't pay over $100 for an American Girl doll (mine are all used and $50 a piece). But if they were cheaper and I had the space, then I would get a few. I love the concept!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Vinny0026
      I think these will sell well. Not sure if anyone owns any Jumbo Star wars figures ...when people come over the house and see the collection... Than they see the jumbos and freak out about them...
      I am put off by larger toys, yet I still regret not getting a GG 12" farmboy Luke at the price it debuted at. I may also regret not buying a jumbo Superman Mego at it's lowest price---I'm a sizably hardcore Mego-head as well as vintage Star Wars toy-nerd, but the prices combined with my eyes on other toys just falls short---even for just a figure or two.

Yet, this is nothing more than a "ramble"---it's not a criticism. It appears that these jumbo figures are a good idea---and priced correctly.

And I like the idea, if only that the jumbo isn't a typical 8-inch variant---and it follows a popular/successful trend in the current toy market.

I'd love to know how working the "more similar" WGSH-retro variants aspects are adding up numbers-wise. These days I feel I can't trust any one source---too much speculation as well as motive to fudge numbers----but hearing some hard numbers/scenarios from varied sources would be interesting.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ They keep churning out more variants/ rehashes, so they must sell well.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

I bet seeing them in person somewhere would make me want one. A Mego that size would be really impressive to see up close. I hope they sell well and guard many peoples collection but I'll stick to the 8'' since 100 bucks is 4 of those.

When and if they get to Apache Chief orders are gonna have to be quick!

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            ^^^ They keep churning out more variants/ rehashes, so they must sell well.
            What's that mean exactly? Ya know?

To conclude things are going well is logical enough, I suppose.

And, let's say, for the sake of argument, that they weren't "selling well" (whatever that means)---to me, their only alternative to churning out more variants/rehashes is to make new molds etc etc yada yada, and that seems a lot more expensive, while churning out more variants/rehashes would be easier/cheaper, and help them to break even as they teeter through the release character variation and "crashing and burning" eventually.

I'm still pretty suspicious... thus my desire to learn more about the actual numbers rather than a speculative sweeping conclusion.
            Last edited by huedell; Mar 24, '15, 1:04 PM.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

I have never bought $80+ GG Jumbo 12" Star Wars but I do have ALL Jakks Pacific $20 20" Star Wars and $30 31" as well! Good deal!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Eh, I caved and pre-ordered a Batman. Pink Box for the Win!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎