Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I have a pre order at BBTS on WAVE 3 Harley Quinn , Mary Marvel, Scarecrow, Batman , Robin and Joker

Comment

• SpaceAgent
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 21, 2009

Got Mxylpltk and Sivana yesterday. They look pretty good.

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

Holding off on ordering Scarecrow because I'd like to get him in the same packaging as the rest of Batman Wave 4.

I do wonder if they will redo Joker at some point with the Mego head and an actual suit. I hate to do it as a custom job if it will be released a month later the same way I do it. My actual wish would be a 2 pack of Joker dressed like that with Harley Quinn. I think that would really sell a lot of figures.

I could see even doing it with the purple trenchcoat and floppy hat along with a camera!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by wise guy
          I have a pre order at BBTS on WAVE 3 Harley Quinn , Mary Marvel, Scarecrow, Batman , Robin and Joker
          They never canceled your order? I never saw them go live, so I missed the brief window they were available.

Originally posted by jeffbearco
          Holding off on ordering Scarecrow because I'd like to get him in the same packaging as the rest of Batman Wave 4.
          I am wary of waiting these days.

I waited on the Green Arrow & Aquaman and the Captain Marvel & (whoever he came with) two packs and ended having to resort to the Super Powers releases to get those characters. But they did at least come out on the Kresge cards.

I waited on the Early Bird Commissioner Gordon, and now we know that the future release will not have the tan coat.

I received my Dr. Sivana and see that he is limited to 1000 pieces. Maybe he gets re-released with purple pants (which some would prefer), but how long will that take? I don't think he will sell out that fast, but once he is gone, it might be a while before he is available again.

Since I don't care about the cards, I'd rather not "miss" any releases or particulars, like Gordon's tan coat.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 11, 2014

PM coming your way TrDouble

Comment

• JimCem99
              New Yorker stuck in Hell!
              • Jan 30, 2010

Any pics of HQ? Haven't seen any.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 11, 2014

No Pics have been posted on HQ. Looks great though. I would not Worry about Pre-orders on K cards wave 3. They will come up available everywhere when ready.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Got my Sivana yesterday and even with that melon head, he's still pretty cool. I like the fact that his head was squishy.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• drogge
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

Can anyone tell me if Aquaman from this series has nylon shorts?

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

The more I look at these the more I want them all.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

^^ Please don't! I've swore only to buy the Batman characters, but it's crossed my mind more than once to go for all of them.

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Well, my sets of Series 1 & 2 arrived today from BBTS, and my initial excitement/enthusiasm was severely dampened upon opening the package. Fully half of the order had issues that will affect the display-ability of them MOC, at least for me. Those issues were:

SUPERMAN - package was crushed

SUPERGIRL - shoes were off, trapped behind her under her cape, belt on backwards

WONDER WOMAN - hair was a mess, obscuring her face

GREEN ARROW - belt was unbuckled, glue blob on crotch

CATWOMAN - neckline stretched, glue stain on left shoulder

AQUAMAN - right glove off

Now, admittedly, some of these are minor issues, and I wouldn't care if I were taking them out of the package, but the crushed package on Superman is a problem, as well as the stain on Catwoman's shoulder. I think the factory seal tags can be removed successfully with a small screwdriver IIRC, so that Green Arrows belt could be buckled, Aquaman's glove replaced, Supergirl's slippers put on and Wonder Woman's hair styled, but I shouldn't have to worry about it, IMO. They should arrive looking good enough to display as received. I've contacted BBTS to see if these can be replaced, we shall see. I'll try to get some more pics up later when/if my enthusiasm returns.

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

OK, here are some packaged pics of my Series 1 & 2 sets:

My (melon-headed) Sivana was #0003/1000.

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Can't wait for Mary Marvel, Harlequin and Scarecrow!
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Some of those are in rough shape, warlock664. Even the Batgirl's head positioning looks odd, but maybe that's partially due to her having a neck this time.

My packages from BBTS are usually pristine. Was the outer box damaged, or just the Superman clam?

I've purposely held off on pre-ordering The Super Friends because BBTS prices for them are ridiculous (FTC is cheaper WITH shipping!) and my Sivana clam was a little warped at the top, which I suspect was from the condition of the USPS box I received. I may just order them from FTC now.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎