Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Head definitely looks too big on Sivana, Alfred sized big. It isn't quite as bad on him, though, as his noggin often did look oversized in some of the old comics, at least compared to Capt. Marvel's head when they were in the same panel.

My Sivana and Myx are on the way; hopefully, they'll be here soon.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

I thought of going for all of these, but might just stick with the Batman characters. I missed the Batman series due to being late for the party and can't find them now.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

take a look at my Sivana thread post. Head to me isn't that big and looks fine compared to the comics they probably referenced from.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• mirrorman
          On Patrol
          • Jul 18, 2011

Mine are being shipped now as well, so will see what Sivana is like when it arrives ..

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Seeing them packaged like that makes them all very tempting.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

The top of my Dr. Sivana clamshell took a beating from the good 'ol USPS, but he and Mxy arrived intact.

Mxy is terrible... just like the original Mego. I picked him up for the somewhat completest in me. I definitely prefer the FTC redo on this figure. I wish they gave him a new head sculpt with the new body too.

Sivana of course comes on the shorter body and yes, his head is HUGE! The sculpting is great, but it is just, so, BIG! It would be big on a regular sized body. And he has no socks. Not sure how that affects how well the re-used '66 Mad Hatter shoes stay on. If I ever place an order with someone that makes socks, I will definitely be buying a pair fro the evil doctor.

Maybe I will open Sivana tomorrow and see how he fits in with the others.

Comment

• mirrorman
                On Patrol
                • Jul 18, 2011

As I mentioned before, looks like the local (US) orders have been filled first. My order arrived today from CTVT, so others living O'seas who have ordered should be getting their Kresge figures soon too.

Notice that these have a small sticker giving a number out of 1000 :

Aquaman - 795 of 1000
                GA - 777 of 1000
                Shazam - 203 of 1000
                Batgirl - 186 of 1000
                WW - 381 of 1000
                Dr Sivana - 580 of 1000

All numbers are fairly high out of 1000, except Shazam, Batgirl and WW. Does this reflect people buying less of say WW and BG because these 2 figures have been released in so many ways already ? .. or is it just that the stock these were taken from were reversed on the shelves, so the highest numbers were the first to be shipped, thus lower numbers to be used on later order fills like mine.

I thank FTC / CTVT for being the obvious fans that they are, and making these re-megos. They seemed to have judged things like demand quite well so far I think, and I'd hate to see these releases loose momentum for lack of buying public.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 11, 2014

These are numbered and then just random boxed in different case assortments in China. It has nothing to do with orders.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Well, I took the plunge; my Series 1 & 2 sets have shipped from BBTS !

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my 1 & 2 series sets today .They really look fantasic .the girls dont have that neck issue ,my random numbered figures reads...
                      Superman-443 Aquaman-867 Green arrow-384 Shazam-468
                      Supergirl-69 Catwomen-96 Batgirl-684 Wonderwomen-15
                      Mr mxypllk-289 Riddler-712 Penguin-118 dr sivana -429

These figures are colorful and look great all together ,the new Sivana figures oversized head doesnt look to bad ,but his 66 penguin shoes
                      are to big for that small body .great sculpt .Aquamans trunks appear to be nylon .FTC did a great job,Ill be getting the next series,Looking forward
                      to harley quinn ,i always thought that charactor was cute .

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

Does anyone know when series three are likely to be announced?

Comment

• WAV
                          • Jul 31, 2009

Is Aquaman's belt more opaque than previous releases or is it still a little transparent looking?

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Love to see some pics once these start reaching their homes.

Comment

• Toycade
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 8, 2014

I would imagine wave 3 would be announced any day now. One of the most exciting sets that they have announced in while. Not sure what they are waiting on to tell you the truth.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                                Career Member
                                • Apr 30, 2015

^^ OK, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡