X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Lois, Jimmy, Clark, Superboy and ?????

Luthor or Braniac or Perry or Carol Danvers or Lana Lang or Lori Lemaris ...

Hoping for Brainiac but the power suit Luthor would be cool, too. But I'd also like a Perry White

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      palitoy,

Is BBTS correct about FTC 18" DC PRICE $99.99?
      I don't get that kind of info, so I don't know.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
        I don't get that kind of info, so I don't know.
        Yep, $99 each... they are up;

We specialize in WWE & AEW wrestling action figure accessories as well as licensed retro clothed action figures based upon DC Comics, Scooby Doo & More!
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
          Lois, Jimmy, Clark, Superboy and ?????

Luthor or Braniac or Perry or Carol Danvers or Lana Lang or Lori Lemaris ...

Hoping for Brainiac but the power suit Luthor would be cool, too. But I'd also like a Perry White
          Ms. Marvel?
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Do you mean Linda Lee Danvers Supergirl's secret ID? Kara's foster parents were the Danvers! Silver Age and 90s Supergirl comic book!

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

Thats what I was thinking.
              Originally posted by The Toyroom
              Ms. Marvel?

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                Ms. Marvel?
                Having an elder moment, lol, but I'd take a Mrs Marvel figure.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

AH HA!!!!

I knew it!
                  Best news on the Planet!

Walter White's planet!
                  BREAKING BAD MEGOS!!!!

Looking forward to these!

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Well, we have Superman Series 2.

I'd like to see more for Wonder Woman, though.

Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Artemis, Etta Candy, Circe, Cheetah, Amazons.

For Aquaman let's get Myrah, Tiger Shark, etc.

Watch, next Friday they will announce Batman Series 3 for the 66 line. Or more in the Batman family at least.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

Superman series 2 looks pretty good to me.
                      Clark Kent is exactly what I expected. He is basically a remake of the original Clark Kent figure. *sigh*
                      Jimmy Olsen is a great looking figure in my opinion. The likeness is very good. The scale of the head even looks pretty good.
                      Perry White is a good likeness to how he was drawn in that time frame. His noggin is a bit large though. I would have been tempted to put him on the fat body since he was always drawn that way. He also normally seemed to have a cigar. But that's an easy thing to come up with.
                      Lois Lane's likeness was pretty much done to match the other female figures in the line(s). *sigh* The hair looks good though and the outfit looks great! And I could see that jacket being used on a Diana Prince figure towards the dress blues military look.

All in all, a good looking series. I will still probably hold off on Clark in hopes that they do a Clark & Superman 2 pack that I can display next to the Bruce & Batman 2 pack. I'm actually hoping we still get an updated Neal Adams sculpt of Clark changing into Superman. That was mentioned a while back as a possibility. Please give that man some wire rimmed glasses for that one! And maybe put him in a box that looks like a phone booth!

And as you can tell, I'm still hoping they do a Diana & Wonder Woman 2 pack. I'd actually love a Diana & Princess Diana & Wonder Woman 3 pack since she pretty much had 3 identities if you look at it that way.

Anyway, there are my opinions. I feel a lot better now that they are sending out more of the DC characters! Plus the Kresge cards ROCK! Savanna is almost enough to make me a Shazam fan!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jayraytee
                        Career Member
                        • May 27, 2011

I would like to see the super hero roster expanded and less repackaged versions of the core 5 or six heroes and less civilians. Maybe it's just me, but when I dreamed of Mego rising from the ashes thats what I wanted to see... Flash, Green Lanturn, Hawkman, etc. etc. I never once thought, 'Oh I wish I had Jimmy Olsen or an 18" Batman.' I realize people will say, oh...wait for it... we will see Flash, etc. But there are tons of heroes to make. I just don't want a situation where in a few years when the license ends we look back and say, wow.. a million versions of Batman and Superman.. but Dr. Fate or fill in the blank was never made. I mean if you had access to the entire DC roster and you knew you had a limited number of years to make Mego figures, how far down your list would be Jimmy Olsen or Perry White?
                        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

For me, the sooner they go to the less Mego - more comic versions, the better. Mego was great, but some of their sculpts were way too ... cartoonish. The Mego Batman head always looked ... simple to me. Superman's was better. Green Arrow was always one of the best! Shazam always threw me. He didn't look like the tv show. He didn't look like the comic. Who was he supposed to look like? A Star Trek red shirt character in a Shazam costume was the best I could figure out as a kid.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jayraytee
                            I would like to see the super hero roster expanded and less repackaged versions of the core 5 or six heroes and less civilians. Maybe it's just me, but when I dreamed of Mego rising from the ashes thats what I wanted to see... Flash, Green Lanturn, Hawkman, etc. etc. I never once thought, 'Oh I wish I had Jimmy Olsen or an 18" Batman.' I realize people will say, oh...wait for it... we will see Flash, etc. But there are tons of heroes to make. I just don't want a situation where in a few years when the license ends we look back and say, wow.. a million versions of Batman and Superman.. but Dr. Fate or fill in the blank was never made. I mean if you had access to the entire DC roster and you knew you had a limited number of years to make Mego figures, how far down your list would be Jimmy Olsen or Perry White?
                            Near the top. You don't get much more iconic than these characters, and I'm glad to see FTC pushing aside the Entrenched Toy Industry Dogma about folks who aren't in costumes. Characters that are so integral to the mythos' like Alfred and Gordon are more important than some of the second string heroes we might get. The staff of the Planet is almost as well known as Supes himself (recall Perry White fouling up his "Don't call me chief!" line in the '78 Superman movie? How many characters have a tag line so well known you could make a joke of it before the character ever said it correctly in the movie itself?). These are "A" list guys, even if they don't have a cape.

As for the figures, Jimmy is a definite multiple buy; head looks like it's in good scale. Perry's noggin is a tad big, but more like Thor large than FTC Alfred humongous. I doubt they could include his signature cigar in a toy these days, especially since these figures are not clearly labelled as strictly collector aimed. Clark is basically as expected, the old secret ID figure reborn. And Lois captures the look of the 70's perfectly; I believe that is the outfit often seen in merchandising and as her official image in the corner of numerous comic book covers.

Next to Scooby, this is about the best reveal so far, at least from my perspective. And Jimmy shows we are making progress on fixing the macroencephalic heads problem of last year. Very promising all around.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

First let me say that these look awesome. Great to see we're getting a replica of the Mego Clark. I was very happy to see Lois but I think the world would be OK without Mego style versions of Perry White and Jimmy Olsen. Like some other recent posts I would like to see more heroes and villains and less civilians. I have bought Alfred and will buy Gordon, Perry and Jimmy to complete my collection though all of the above are worthless characters to me. When the end of the line comes I don't want to be stuck with these guys and never have had a Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Spectre, Mera, Swamp Thing, Creeper Etc...

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

I empathize with those who are wanting more heroes. I'm just speculating, but it could be that the size issue with the heads has pushed some of the earlier announced figures back, like Ras, Scarecrow, Flash, GL and Hawkman to be reworked, and moved some others forward. I'm probably wrong, but it's my rationalization because I want to see more heroes, too.

The license can be renewed. If the figures do well for FTC, I imagine it will be.

I think FTC is taking a more realistic approach with the sculpting on new male figures. Perry, Jimmy, Alfred and Gordon appear to be more realistic to me than mego. I do want to see more comic-accurate head sculpts on Superman and Batman at least if not Aquaman and the villains at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎