Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NECA 1:4 Scale Figures. Superman. Penguin. Robin. ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Looking at those cases, I wish I had kept some old dress shirt cases cube displays I use to have. The ones that dept stores use to carry.

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

He looks a lil intense, but I love the 3D chest symbol!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

yeah it looks good ,from this picture showing a qc problem ,they seem to have sculpted the pattern from the fabric on to his costume

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

Gonna make some modifications to my Neca Superman's hair.

I want the hair to go from this..........

To this, with my modifications........

Does anyone know if the head of this Neca Superman can easily come off?

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

not that easy but its worth the effort lol

[/QUOTE]

replied to your pm on ssc

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

just a fyi to folks modding this guy ,might seem obvious but the hair is a separate piece and can be removed with the boil and pop method

robo supes

this opens up the possibilities of fitting glass eyes which may or may not be a improvement lol ,i saw these on ebay ,seem cheap enough ,but im not really sure if they are the right size and if my skill set is up to the job lol
              Sky Blue Pair Doll Eyes Ball Half Round Acrylic Dolls Eye 10mm for BJD Dollfie | eBay

any input
              and here he is put back together with his head sitting in a lower position non the worse for his surgery ,in his garden of solitude guarded by his labradoodle guards , because if you've watched the documentary "the death of superman lives" you will know Jon Peters says "labradoodles are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom!" lol ,well them and spiders ,and polar bears and ,himself etc

on a side note i gotta say neca really stepped up with this guy 100% improvement on the other neca 1/4 scales i have in every way ,this guy stood unaided on a trampoline no less lol for a couple of hours never wobbled never fell ,cant remember any of my others having that kind of joint or weight distribution success ,

great work neca ,roll on the next figure

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Great work......How did you get to the head lower on the long neck? Did you boil the head or blow dry it to remove the hair?

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

boiled it and then ground down the top of the neck ,widened the inside of the head and drilled the hole for the neck post a bit deeper ,when the head is pushed lower on to the neck it seems to widen the jaw and seems to help the overall look and likeness .then while cooling i flattened the top part of the hair and fixed it with cold water ,hope this helps

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Thanks.....i've been hoping to mod this head like you did. However, i recently had Lazik surgery in the eye and have to wait before i could start any customizing activities. Your work is inspiring.. ..so much that i will be giving you a free Evil Superman head....when it's completed. Again thanks for the info

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

i hope all is well with your surgery and you heal fast ,thank you for the kind words and even kinder gesture of the evil supes head ,i cant wait lol
                      ,good luck with the mods ,they are quite easy and quick to do and in my opinion really help to bring out the fantastic likeness neca managed to sculpt of reeve ,keep us posted and post pics

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

OKAY THANKS TO 16K on the sideshow freaks board for giving me the push to finally do the mod ive been waiting years to do ,since i bought this tonner suit in the hope id be able to bash a 1/4 superman with it lol ,well today was the day ,and like mr reeve said ,and im paraphrasing now lol its the suit that does all the work ,so mr tonner did the work i just dressed my dolly lol

temporary s emblem ill swap it out for a movie accurate one as soon as i can ,realy pleased how this looks now ,thanks again for the push mate
                        cheers

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

new emblem ,courtesy of my nephew ,our john

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 30, 2015

That looks freakin awesome. What a difference that suit makes!

Unsure on that emblem though. There's something about it that just isn't working for me. That aside... WOW!!!!!

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Okay, wait a sec...

Did you just take a Tonner Superman suit and put it onto the Reeve Superman? No mods to it to make it fit?

Thanks!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

yeah pretty much lol .removed the boots ,glued on to pegs ,when boiled not too hard to remove ,
                                cut off the trunks and belt ,added the suit reglued the trunks back on
                                replaced the emblem with a movie accurate one ,i did lower the head on the neck post and reshaped the hair ,and done lol ,the suit fits exactly as you see it .no alterations necessary

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎