X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Figures Toy Company invites you to join Hogwarts

Bring the magic of Hogwarts to your home with Figures Toy Company's latest release; a new line of retro style action figures based on Harry Potter! Wizards and muggles alike will be delighted to know that Harry, his friends Ron Weasley and Hermoine Granger, and the nefarious Draco Malfoy will be released in both 8 inch and 12 inch action figure form! The figures will be dressed in realistic cloth clothing that is true to each character, and each of these wizards will also have their trademark wand!

If you're spellbound by that news, then you'll love what else Figures Toy Company has up their sleeve. Now you (yes, YOU!) can join Hogwarts without waiting for an owl to deliver your acceptance letter! Through their My Face On A Figure subsidiary, Figures Toy Company is offering collectors the chance to have their likeness scanned for a figure and choose what house their figure will represent! Official outfits for Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin will be available for you to choose from!

You don't have to visit Diagon Alley to get these amazing items! They'll be available for you to order thru Figures Toy Company and MyFaceOnAFigure.com: Create an action figure of yourself! very soon! In the meantime, we've cast a spell on social media, and you can follow along with updates on Harry Potter and Figures Toy Company's other licenses by using the hashtag #MMFTCNEWS!

• The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Very cool. I wonder if they will be on the kid body or from the looks of the sculpt, they are going with the slightly older Teen versions?

Now the big question is, will they be developing new kid/teen scaled bodies (like the 9" Robin) for the 12" figures or using the 12" body. At the very least, they will need to make a female body for Hermione.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

The face on a figure Hogwarts thing is brilliant, they will likely be very busy with that approach.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

If they set up a botique at Universal Studios with this, it would go over INSANE. And they are all there in Florida.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by The Bat
            Lol!!!
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

The upside of this I guess is, it will probably be a successful license for FTC...and if it keeps them in business we're more likely to get more figures that we are interested in.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                The face on a figure Hogwarts thing is brilliant, they will likely be very busy with that approach.
                Quoted for Truth. They are going to make a zillion dollars on this. Heck, I'm not even a fan, and I want one.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

Hopefully, for FTC, the word will trickle down to younger generations that collect toys.
                  I heard about these "kid's books" years ago, but I don't read books. The movie came out right after 9/11 and my first child wasn't born yet. Since then, my son and his little sister never showed any interest in the books or movies. They are 12 and 9 now. No interest still. I'll save my money for more superheroes!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

I think I'll get one of my daughter who is a big Harry Potter fan.

You could really do some "army" building by sending in pictures of 2nd and 3rd string actors from the movies!
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I'm not an HP fan, so I'll move along now.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Really cool idea! I don't want one, but I think lots of people will.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I hope that they have a figure that will do justice to the line.

I want Harry, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Sirius, Remus, Tonks, McGonagall, Lily, James, and Tom the barkeep.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            I think I'll get one of my daughter who is a big Harry Potter fan.
                            That would be cool with the "Your Face on a Figure" thing they are doing.

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              If they set up a botique at Universal Studios with this, it would go over INSANE. And they are all there in Florida.

Chris
                              I mulled that same possibility over in another thread. It would be crazy to not pursue it. Doesn't Disney offer something like with Marvel already, in the parks?

Potter ain't for me, but FoaF is a real niche opening if the license allows it.

...but they better announce original DC ASAP. No more variants or derivative lines. Otherwise, prepare for the speculation...

...and I hope they're not trying something crazy like timed releases opposite WB DC releases. WB is years away from getting their pipeline going, as it's all predicated on BvS topping Civil War.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎