X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

What About (insert character not yet made) ! GRRRRRR *Smashes Stuff*

Satire aside, really excited about this.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
      What About (insert character not yet made) ! GRRRRRR *Smashes Stuff*

Satire aside, really excited about this.
      So true. Us old-timers are always looking for the next chapter, not just the same verse. Hopefully that will come if these sell well.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
        So true. Us old-timers are always looking for the next chapter, not just the same verse. Hopefully that will come if these sell well.
        I am really interested in how they do this, are they straight reproductions of CAH? The words "Comic Action" are sprinkled in the description (although the brand now belongs to ZICA).

Anyway, this will be fun to see. With 3 3/4" stuff, the card art has to be killer, so hopefully some style guide support is present.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

WOW!!! I’m excited about these! Fingers crossed!

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, didn't expect that. I kind of assumed Funko or Mattel already had the rights. Interested to see what they do with it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
              Wow. The DC license is rocking this year. This will be VERY interesting to watch. Can't wait to see how they look and what the price points are. Love Brian's tribute to Karate toys. Nicely done. And the auction samples are always a treat to read over. Great work guys!
              It's nice to see DC merch again, but I wish there was more of it at retail. It seems like the bulk of DC collectibles are from smaller guys who aren't in the major retail space (DC Collectibles, Figures Toy Company, etc.). And I barely find new Mattel DC Multiverse figures in the wild anymore.

But, back on a positive note, I can't wait to see what these look like. I would pull Batman's head off so he could become Bruce Wayne. A headless Batman was my Bruce Wayne... LOL!

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Oh I would die for bent legs Comic Action Heroes, but either way, I’m over the moon with this.

Now they’ve got me right where I want them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

It's nice to see DC merch again, but I wish there was more of it at retail. It seems like the bulk of DC collectibles are from smaller guys who aren't in the major retail space (DC Collectibles, Figures Toy Company, etc.). And I barely find new Mattel DC Multiverse figures in the wild anymore.
                  Mattel's distribution is horrible. The company that makes Hot Wheels and Barbie can't get product out any better than this? I think their inventory system is part of the problem. Stores keep old waves in perpetuity because they can't tell the difference between it and new assortments. Our local stores have been choked up with the Supergirl/Dark Knight wave for two years now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Yay! Pocket Heroes are back! That is exciting news.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I would pull Batman's head off so he could become Bruce Wayne. A headless Batman was my Bruce Wayne... LOL!
                      I love that story. That's the magic of the imagination we as kids had back then. Hey, you work with what you got and let the mind fill in the rest.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 14, 2012

Pocket Heroes are coming back? Oh my goodness! I can't wait!

Kind of surprised, because Funko has put out a few retro 3 3/4 DC characters in their collector's club over the past year or so (1st Appearance Superman and The New Teen Titans) so I assumed they were gearing up to do a line like this. But I'm super excited... I love the original Comic Action Heroes and Pocket Heroes, it will be great to get some clean minty repros, or even better, previously unreleased characters.

Hopefully the price will be decent. I've been buying less and less FTC figures since their prices have gone up to $30. At those prices it makes more sense to me to focus on filling in the gaps in my vintage figure collection. But if these new Pocket Heroes are reasonably priced, FTC will probably hook me back in.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I never collected 3 3/4 Superheroes but I might give these a try, depending on the price. Very cool they got the rights to make them.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Curious. I wonder if they're going to be repros of the pocket heroes, something with more articulation like the Dukes and Buck Rogers, or a new, different animal?
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

This is great news!! I'm curious about the figure style and price point.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

Very excited about the 3 3/4” figures AND the recently announced 12” figures. Can’t wait to see them all!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎