X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
    Oh this is a good day for me. I LURVS ME SOME SWAMP THING.
    I just pray they don't screw it up somehow.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
      I just pray they don't screw it up somehow.
      I'm definitely skeptical at this point as to how they can pull it off satisfactorily. We shall see.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Awesome news, I love Swampy, but am curious to see how they will pull this off.

Originally posted by wise guy
        This is really cool and I hope we get Deadman too
        And John Constantine! Oh, and Phantom Stranger!

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
          I'm definitely skeptical at this point as to how they can pull it off satisfactorily. We shall see.
          I'm picturing a naked Martian Manhunter with brown yarn glued to his body...LOL

Comment

• Gadgeteer
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 16, 2014

Yes! Swamp Thing!
            sigpic

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

For me, FTC is definitely hit or miss. I liked they way they pulled off the Grodd and Grundy figures for the Superfriends line, so I have hope that they can do Swampy some justice.
              They would need an Anton figure or perhaps Sunderland, and the line would be remiss without Abbie, tho that is the character that I would worry the most about FTC doing well. I would hate to see Abby done as poorly as the poison ivy figure. Constantine would definitely be a great add in to this line, tho I could also see them having a pre-accident Alec.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

36369942_1777472659013106_7441838122372956160_n.jpg

Abby in the house
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I'm thinking Constantine will be a lock with him joining Legends.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    I'm picturing a naked Martian Manhunter with brown yarn glued to his body...LOL
                    I'd be perfectly happy with an olive bodysuit with brown vines and green foliage appliques. But it seems to me that the body should be like one of DM's tall "Hulk" bodies, as for Brock Samson.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love an Arcane and Alec Holland to go with Abbey. But what is considered Arcane's classic Bronze depiction? Sinister codger in a smoking jacket?

The Floronic Man or Deadman would suit me as a fourth character.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                        • May 31, 2017

Cannot wait to see pictures of Swamp Thing!!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 21, 2017

Is Black Orchid considered to be part of the Swamp Thing universe these days, or is that too far off the mark?
                          And how would they even make her, if she was in her purple body form?
                          Recreating her "hair" would be pretty impossible without lots of gel...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ The Bronze-Age Black Orchid (and the New 52 version is similar) would be easy to do with a cowled head and screened suit and cape-wings. It's a Mego I've wanted for years.

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              ^ The Bronze-Age Black Orchid (and the New 52 version is similar) would be easy to do with a cowled head and screened suit and cape-wings. It's a Mego I've wanted for years.
                              Re: Bronze Age:
                              I'm always inspired by online sources of quality cosplays and other great customs (like Rodkeith 's figures). Man, yeah, an FTC Black Orchid would be really awesome !

Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for posting that cosplay, I've long admired it. I think it's fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎