Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Overall, I like this better than their shot at Space Ghost. Sign me up!

I like the approach on the wings. I've always thought Mego would have done some vacuformed thing for the wings, but this seems like a Mego-ish solution as well (see the Thing and Human Torch for comparable design decisions). I can't tell from the pic -- do the wings attach to the costume, or the figure? And is this the approach they're planning for Hawkman?

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I like it. I think the wings work for capturing that "animated" aesthetic of Birdman. I would probably do something different for "WGSH Hawkman," but I would be fine with it for "Superfriends Hawkman"... if that makes any sense at all.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
        I like it. I think the wings work for capturing that "animated" aesthetic of Birdman. I would probably do something different for "WGSH Hawkman," but I would be fine with it for "Superfriends Hawkman"... if that makes any sense at all.
        complete and total to me. I hope they do it for SF Hawkman as well but do another version to placate comic fans as well.

No wonder they've stalled on winged characters.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

I think he looks good!

I'm really waiting for Hawkman and his wings! The thing is that I hold Kenner's Super Powers Hawkman as the blueprint for him.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Happy to have made the newsletter again, albeit for non-Mego predilections.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I like the head sculpt, I could care less about the wings as I have good custom options. I feel the same about Hawkman, my primary concern is the head-sculpt.

I will say, though, that I'm surprised by FTC: They have a history of repurposing other toy lines for molds (Big Jim, Mego, CAW, etc.)..They could have easily provided DC Direct Hawkman/Hawlgirl wings as prototypes. I've been collecting various wing sets for years.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SWDAVE
                • May 31, 2017

If they make these wings on Birdman for Hawkman, it will be a bad day for me. They look incredibly cheap.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I like Birdman (my favorite HB hero) and Blue Falcon. I think FT has done better with these than with Space Ghost.

Birdman has a fun rogues' gallery, I hope we get a whole Birdman wave.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '18, 6:50 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I'm thrilled birdman is coming,and the Galaxy trio wasn't expecting them.I'm not minding the wings,I just hope he's not a bobble head like my space ghost was.

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

My feeling is that the essential joy of action figures is seeing 2-dimensional characters realized in 3-dimensional form, so not to come up with a sculpted solution for the wings seems counterintuitive.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Excited to see the Royal Flush Gang. One of my favorite episodes! Hopefully we get King and Jack as well. This looks like a fun wave.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

You've got to know when to hold 'em........ https://mailchi.mp/62b3e86a8cff/mego...e?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Great newsletter! Interesting that they are still branding the Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians figures as Super Friends, but I'm not complaining! The Royal Flush Gang has gotten little to no love in toys over the last 50 years. About time!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

It's all Superfriends to me lol. Will they do the whole RFG--I don't recall the episode clearly.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

All I'm hoping for is a proper sized head for Queen. A pipe dream, I know.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎