Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I have a strong memory of the Eagle Force and it wasn't good. I was 11 and pretty cynical at this point.

My mum was shopping at "Bi-Way" and they had a huge display of them (they always had anything Grand Toys made in droves) and being an early convert to GI Joe, I viewed Eagle Force as the poor cousin. It didn't stop me from reading every card backer that day......

As an adult collector and getting to know both it's creators, I gained an appreciation for the line. I think had Mego not stumbled, it would have gone several waves of figures.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Lol I was veering into MOTU at the time, but yeah, I liked the cards better than the figures. had they been 8" or like the Buck Rogers line, I'd have been more interested. And or course I had no idea Mego was floundering.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
        I have a strong memory of the Eagle Force and it wasn't good. I was 11 and pretty cynical at this point.

My mum was shopping at "Bi-Way" and they had a huge display of them (they always had anything Grand Toys made in droves) and being an early convert to GI Joe, I viewed Eagle Force as the poor cousin. It didn't stop me from reading every card backer that day......

As an adult collector and getting to know both it's creators, I gained an appreciation for the line. I think had Mego not stumbled, it would have gone several waves of figures.
        You mention that you think the line would have gone several waves, had Mego not floundered. Do you know what the sells numbers were for Eagle Force? I ask because because they really did just live on the shelves of Children’s Palace (probably other stores, as well) and I never knew anyone who had any figures from the line, as I mentored earlier. Whereas almost ever kid seemed to have GI Joe RAH by 1983. I just wonder if I’m wrong about the line and my experience was isolated.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by greensavage2000
          I think I remember seeing Eagle Force at Service Merchandise for a while. I never had a desire for them. Maybe their size? There were other lines I remember being interested in and not getting because of size like Sky Commanders and I can't think of the name of the other. Wasn't there one where they had a little air pump to launch the vehicles? Wasn't there another line that were magnetic? I could be confused and they were the same line. Whatever they were I wish I had them now.
          Air Raiders? I only had the one X-wing looking ship, but man, they had wonderful card art. MASK and Starcom were pretty much the same scale as well. It was a good scale for vehicle-heavy lines.

Comment

• greensavage2000
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 9, 2013

Yes! Air Raiders and Starcom were the lines I was thinking of. Then I had to Google Sky Commanders because I didn't know where that came from. Toy line of small figures, vehicles and stuff. Well it fit what I was saying but it wasn't one I meant. Still weird how the old noodle kicked that one out.
            They did have great art on their packaging. It's funny how much the size turned me off. Now I look at all the vehicles and playsets and really dig them.
            It's weird how much I loved Micronauts though. I guess that was about my cut off size wise.
            Thanks for figuring out what I meant Sprytel.

Comment

• comicmike
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              I'm guessing the Joker might look like the card art, with overcoat and hat, maybe some small playing cards added.

I was kind of hoping but not crossing my fingers, something sort of halloweenish was going to be released, but I guess
              a new Joker is close enough.
              I had been guessing a paper-white new skinny body, but looks like it will be a standard one. I'm still guessing an all-white body though, and purple gloves (I always wanted my Mego Joker to have purple gloves, in the same colour as the Riddler). I'm really happy with the new FTC Batman and Superman head sculpts, so I'm excited to guess how great he'll look. I have especially appreciated that modern Funko head sculpt. I'm so curious if he will be comparable.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Should soon be time for another "now in stock" announcement. So many awesome things coming!
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Good morning

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

A fun read as always, top to bottom. Those Hulk's are creepy. Thanks to all involved.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Hooray, newsletter Friday!

Those Canadian B & R figures are gorgeous.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Plop! Mr Steve is on vacation, so i'll be your substitute.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Great newsletter as always folks. I never get tired of seeing those Magnetic Batman and Robin. They were a holy grail for a very long time.

Thanks for the Super Mates plug!!!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

I never get tired of looking at my new Joe!!
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Moxen
                              Museum Patron
                              • Nov 6, 2016

I almost had a heart attack thinking that Dr. Strange was 8 inches. Alas, it was 12.

Maybe eventually they'll make one.

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Moxen
                                I almost had a heart attack thinking that Dr. Strange was 8 inches. Alas, it was 12.

Maybe eventually they'll make one.
                                It's actually 6"; or 1:12 scale.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎