Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Your pal, Jim
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 3, 2015

Already ordered! :lol: I've been hoping for a year (or whatever it is) for them to parse this figure out.

And y'know, I get wanting FTC to get their act together (some of the missteps are truly puzzling), but I also really appreciate all that we're getting. Four (FOUR!) short years ago, all I had were memories and now I have all the figures I had as a kid and way, way more. WooooO!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Well said Jim.

Another great read on my Friday morning.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

I look forward to this newsletter every week . Sometimes if I wake up at 4am on Friday I excitedly checknto see if has been posted yet. I know it hasn't, but I have to check. So thank you for all the hard work! The FTC news is not always items I'm interested in, but I appreciate it and what they are doing. It's not easy coming up with something new every week. Sure there is room for improvement on some of the figures, but thank you to FTC. Oh and I love that Wonder Girl has her lasso!!!
        Thanks again !
        Last edited by supes; Jul 21, '17, 9:02 AM. Reason: Typo

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Appreciated gents, wasn't actually fishing for praise. I just came to a realization that a good portion of folks read the FTC news, comment as negatively as possible and move on.

We always hoped more discussion would come from the newsletter and I guess that's the part that is a little disappointing.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I enjoy the newsletter, because even though I come here every day, I often miss threads and things that are going on. The FTC news...well...I'm not as excited by their product as some. That's okay, though. It's just one part of the newsletter, and there is always plenty of fun and informative stuff to see. You guys do good work.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I know you're not fishing for praise, but I really do look forward to Friday mornings. The newsletter is the first thing I look for when I wake up.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                Appreciated gents, wasn't actually fishing for praise. I just came to a realization that a good portion of folks read the FTC news, comment as negatively as possible and move on.

We always hoped more discussion would come from the newsletter and I guess that's the part that is a little disappointing.
                Nice job on the news letter. But who is the Bald Ted Cassidy looking Alien a custom of?

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

I figured the Wonder Girl doll would be packaged individually at some point. I have one I got with the TT van. While I like the figure (and awesome van) I chose the TT van over the other ones, because I wanted the (then) exclusive figure, I would make folks aware they could wind up with a figure like I did. My WG figure has loose knees so the figure needs a stand to stay upright and just to convey how loose if I pick the figure up and hold with her back toward the ground gravity already took effect and the floppy legs swiveled toward the floor, pointing down. Who knows if all of them were made this way.
                  But I love seeing all the customs, some I'd seen on Facebook, but some of the others I did not. There's always something that's a surprise for me each week, if not the FTC reveal, then something else.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                    But who is the Bald Ted Cassidy looking Alien a custom of?
                    You answered your own question.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                      Nice job on the news letter. But who is the Bald Ted Cassidy looking Alien a custom of?
                      A bald alien played by Ted Cassidy on Star Trek named Ruk:

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Rachel made a custom of Ted Cassidy as Ruk. The entire newsletter could be garbage and still be redeemed by that figure alone.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                          Made in the USA
                          • May 2, 2003

You answered your own question.
                          Does anyone else see Tony Robbins in that Face?
                          Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I'm curious to know what head was used for the Ruk custom? looks great.
                            I've been wanting to do a Ruk custom for a long time.

As far as Wonder Girl, It's not bad and definitely worth getting if your collecting the Titans, but I do
                            agree with an early post that the price tag is a bit high, and it goes up $5.00 after the convention.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I think it's a Thor? I planned to make a figure of Cassidy from another series and always planned on using Thor as the base.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I think it's a Thor? I planned to make a figure of Cassidy from another series and always planned on using Thor as the base.
                                I keep looking at the Kull head and thinking Cassidy, or Jim Shooter
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎