Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melkorjunior
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 20, 2014

Give credit where it's due--the Batman 66 line, with these additions, is now arguably one of the best modern style Mego-style lines ever produced, up there with EMCE Trek. They may have slightly larger heads than standard Megos in proportion to their bodies, but it makes them look more human and they all look great posed together.

A villains accessory pack seems like a logical development and is probably the reason why Freeze doesn't have his gun here. A freeze gun, a Penguin umbrella, some books for Bookworm, a few handguns, a whip for the eventual Catwoman figure--I'd be amazed if this doesn't happen.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

We're getting a spot-on '66 Freeze, Tut, Bookworm, and Alfred. I'd buy all four loose, naked, and shoved in a grocery bag for $30 each. No Freeze gun? Boo f-ing hooo.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

I prefer Alfred in the apron version

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I don't know how any Bat-fan could be ****ed about the selection of this wave.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
            I absolutely had nothing to do with those but you knew that.I was just noticing that the first three reactions to the newsletter were complaints including one guy stating he was "Pissed" over the selection. It's getting out of hand, if you're angry about toys, then you've got bigger problems than toys IMO.
            well, thanks for getting them posted. I have to believe these will out sooner than later since they are carded samples being shown.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
              • May 21, 2015

Originally posted by madmarva
              Yeah, that's a winner of a wave. They all look nice but Tut is awesome.
              I'm not at all a fan of the 60s Batman live action show, but it sure did have some of my favorite actors hamming it up as bad guys: Vic Buono! Vincent Price! Burgess Meredith! Roddy Mcdowall!
              (I'm sure I'm also missing a few)

I loved Buono in 'Baby Jane'. What a creep!

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Yes these are a superfecta of figures, good likenesses, I do agree that Freeze should have
                had his freeze gun added, but heck they never gave the Penguin and umbrella, so why bother
                giving Freeze his freeze gun, just wouldn't be logical according to FTC rules.

But aside from that, these are very cool figures and worth getting.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Home run all around. Will get all 4 for sure.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Damned_Dirty_Ape
                    • May 21, 2015

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    Yes these are a superfecta of figures, good likenesses, I do agree that Freeze should have
                    had his freeze gun added, but heck they never gave the Penguin and umbrella, so why bother
                    giving Freeze his freeze gun, just wouldn't be logical according to FTC rules.

But aside from that, these are very cool figures and worth getting.
                    I remember using things like cocktail swords and other bits with my MEGOs as a kid. Aside from the obvious cost issue, I'd always assumed it was left up to the kid's imagination to supply whatever accessories.
                    Doesn't seem like many of the originals came with accessories, but I could be off as it's been so many years.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I've already got a Batzooka, it looks like an easy mod to make one. Actually surprised there is no villain pack yet, Freeze gun, umbrella, books for Bookworm, Tut's staff, Catwoman guns, etc. It'd be easy to fill out a pack.
                      I think this is the marketing ploy.

Regarding the figures. I like them a lot, though I think Freeze needs a white ascot & FTC should quite recycling that inappropriate eyeglasses mold they insist upon using.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I'm going to get these and drill out the glass portion if its not fixed, and gloved hands for Bookworm too.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

My kids D's and I were "giddy" over the Friday newsletter pics. All 4 of those figures are must haves.
                          It's all good!

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Lots of coolness. Carded Palitoy Cap and Torch in the same week, who da thunk it? I want that Diabolik custom.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎