X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    I really do like these, but I don't remember Mego making this kind of box, the first box was a solid brown box
    with no way of knowing which character was inside, shoppers were opening them to see which hero it was.

Because of this, they made the window boxes with box art, which is my first remembrance, then the cardbacks
    I'm not sure if FTC will make window boxes since with these boxes, you already know which hero is inside,
    you just can't see the figure inside, if they were going to make window boxes, why bother wasting time and money
    on thirds boxes first?

No, the brown boxes were shipper boxes used by mail-order businesses like Wards, Sears & JC Penny. The initial release of the first 4 heroes (Superman, Batman, Robin and Aquaman) came in solid, illustrated boxes.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

I dig them, in fact I ordered a set. I do wish they were removable mask for Batman and Robin.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Cool my Thor made the newsletter! Solid boxes are actually one of the few high end Mego items that don't have the appeal for me. It's not the price tag, it's basically the same reason they were discontinued in the first place, I like seeing the figure in the packaging from a display standpoint.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by warlock664
          No, the brown boxes were shipper boxes used by mail-order businesses like Wards, Sears & JC Penny. The initial release of the first 4 heroes (Superman, Batman, Robin and Aquaman) came in solid, illustrated boxes.
          I remember the brown shipper boxes vaguely, but never knew them to be available in solid illustrated boxes, then of the course the window boxes.
          I think it would have been better if FTC skipped the solid box and just went with the window box, maybe they are next?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            ..went with the window box, maybe they are next?
            I'm sure we'll see more packaging variants, it's a useful way to move inventory.

These really should have included RC/RM versions, IMO.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

these are nice ,those solid box figures ,i will wait for the window boxs ,and will buy all the classics again.I suppose Emarald didnt want
              R/C batman & R/M robin ,simply because their selling the kesge ones .

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

This week's news is out, and it's vanerrific.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those are pretty sweet! I'm kind of surprised the Jokermobile isn't in this assortment, but then they have to hold something back for wave 2. The Teen Titans van is a lot of fun, and I could totally see it in a Zany Bob Haney story from back in the day. The original Wonder Girl look suits the Teen Titans figure format more.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

It's very cool to see the vintage play sets and vehicles getting made again. FTC definitely has the Mego market to themselves. I'll be picking up a Batman van for sure.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

All the vans are cool, but I think I need that Teen Titans van the most! I see a new Robin in the corner when I zoom in on the box too!
                      Last edited by Spyweb007; Jul 29, '16, 8:40 AM.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 9, 2013

It looks like Dove is to the left of Robin. There is at least one other figure, maybe two. I can't tell who they are.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Lovin these so much, can't afford them all or have the room, but I need one.

Since the Joker comes with the Gotham city PD van, does this mean we won't be seeing a Joker van?
                          might have been better if it came with a Riddler exclusive, then it would have opened the door for a Joker van
                          on 2017 with the Joker, makes sense to me.

How cool would it be if FTC decided on a Catwoman cat-o-lac convertible with Catwoman exclusive?

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Its cool they made them but I've never really been a big fan of the vans. Even if the wheels didn't roll, because of license restrictions, I'd still really like a Batmobile.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I have the 4 Mego vans. I'll have these. I hope we get to put the stickers on ourselves.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 24, 2009

I may have to get the TT van - I really like the Wondergirl included. Not sure what I would do with the Van, but I have always been a sucker for the vintage VW vans anyway. I just worry they will release this Wondergirl by herself and I may regret spending a $100 on something I don't have room for!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎