Super Collector Newsletter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omego
    • Jan 5, 2024

Thank you for the newsletter! I feel happy every time I see Maskatron mentioned anywhere. I think Kenner Maskatron was one of the best figures ever made. I didn’t know anything about the Grunga Toys set before this newsletter. I don’t have my childhood Maskatron any more, but I think I still have his Maskatron mask floating around somewhere because I could never bear to part with it.
    Last edited by Omego; Feb 17, '24, 4:45 PM.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

I really hope that cotswold collectibles/gijoeelite.com restocks their repro muscle bodies. I am loving the Grunga toys sets.
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
        I really hope that cotswold collectibles/gijoeelite.com restocks their repro muscle bodies. I am loving the Grunga toys sets.
        I called Cotswold Collectibles last week to see if the muscle bodies would be back in stock. I was told that was the plan but it might be Summer before they were on-hand. Pre-orders could be on the site by Spring.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Watch Hobbycrash Geyperman (Spain) as well--that's where Cotswold gets them, and HG sells direct, too. Their MB version is far superior to Estrela's reissue, IMO.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KnightDetective
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 31, 2012

Some years back, I thought I read that Cots had considered producing their own muscle body repro and perhaps a female. This was well before their relocation, etc.

Hope they do someday. Their vintage style bodies have been rock solid for me over the years and certainly more in line with my budget!

(Not sure if I can hold out, though. I'm sorely tempted to splurge on a couple of bodies and the GrungaToys SMDM and Tarzan head and outfit sets!)

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Ker-Splat!

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Great newsletter as always! Thanks to everyone who put it together.

I hate to tell Steve, but the 3.75" Marvel Legends Retro figures from Kenner has been canceled for some time. But get 'em while you can! I'm not finding them much around here. Need to check out Big Lots, which never seems to have anything of value in these parts anymore.
                sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Great newsletter as always! Thanks to everyone who put it together.

I hate to tell Steve, but the 3.75" Marvel Legends Retro figures from Kenner has been canceled for some time. But get 'em while you can! I'm not finding them much around here. Need to check out Big Lots, which never seems to have anything of value in these parts anymore.
                  You've actually done me a huge favor! There seems to be more figures available in the same scale, but they ain't no value line. I'll stop looking for new ones and just pick up loose/cheap ones if I get the opportunity. The Thor is what sucked me in, guess I should have stayed strong:-)

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer

You've actually done me a huge favor! There seems to be more figures available in the same scale, but they ain't no value line. I'll stop looking for new ones and just pick up loose/cheap ones if I get the opportunity. The Thor is what sucked me in, guess I should have stayed strong:-)
                    Well, the advantage of the newer, more articulated 4" figures is they are basically compatible with the Spin Master DC figures in the same scale. Same size, very similar articulation and design. So they do hearken back a bit to the days of Mego and being able to have Spidey and Batman team up in figure form...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

If you are looking for the 3.75" Marvel Legends Retro figures check out Ross and Ollies. They have been getting in some great figures that I just haven't seen on the shelves. I picked up Firestar and Nova at Ross at deep discount.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Hugs from here:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 5, 2015

Ol Reddy looks amazing...AFAIAC he "computes."

Comment

• Jmass
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 19, 2006

Thanks for the great newsletter this week! I concur - Reddy looks sharp!

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 19, 2019

Man...I wish the torso and upper arms of the 8 inch type S bodies are as defined as the 12" version's...

Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Figure8
                                Museum Patron
                                • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by Jmass
                                Thanks for the great newsletter this week! I concur - Reddy looks sharp!
                                He sure does! I didn't like FTC's version of RT too much, but Mego got it right. Really glad I was able to place a preorder for this one at BBTS.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎