• EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

News! https://mailchi.mp/e4248d63fe97/just...museum-news?e=[UNIQID]

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 5, 2015

Quite the news. I think some buying may be in order for those new Type-S figs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

If forty bucks is the new FTC price point for figures on s type bodies I’m done.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Ordered Superman and Batman. Great to finally have the new bodies in use on product from FTC.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

great news letter but nope, I will just buy more bodies and strip mine down and continue to replace them. I usually wait till the offer just the outfit & head anyways.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

customs are killing it lately! fun newsletter as always.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

First, thank you again for helping me start off another Friday. The newsletter is the highlight of my Friday mornings.

Second, great customs as always. I have ideas for a Black Panther, and seeing a great one done in the newsletter gives me some ideas! And it's always crazy to see those knockoffs. Punch-Up Captain America is crazy!

Finally, New FTC using Type-S bodies. $40.... whew! But when you realize you spend $30 for a standard figure and $10 for a Type-S (that is a pain to swap figure onto when the screws are half stripped), you realize you are spending $40 already anyway. My questions are these... some of the neck plugs, particularly Batman, are so small that you don't have to unscrew the Type-S body to fit it on the torso. Did that get addressed? Probably not, but hopefully early purchasers can confirm. FTC also has an option to buy other DC figures, shipped on a Type-S body, including Captain Marvel Jr. (Shazam Jr.) and Superboy, both of which are on Skinny Bucks. If I had $40 to waste, I'd love to buy one and see how that gets addressed, since I don't think those costumes would fit on a regular body (at least, that was the case with the updated Robin's clothes).

$40 is a tough pill to swallow, especially when Mego releases figures on their new bandless bodies. But when I break it down like I did above, I will still probably buy new characters released on the Type S bodies. My biggest issue with FTC has been the quality of their bodies, and of the Type S bodies I have purchased, outside of some screw issues that I had even on the bodies I bought from ZICA and 8InchSuperStore, that should alleviate MY most common issues with FTC purchases.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                  Ordered Superman and Batman. Great to finally have the new bodies in use on product from FTC.
                  When you get them, please let us know how they are. I am curious about how well the Batman head fits on the Type S body (see my post above).

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

$1200 for Steve Trevor ? I passed up two of them for $60

A Lobot collector now I've seen everything.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Nice Darkseid--I've wondered about a kitbash of him.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        If forty bucks is the new FTC price point for figures on s type bodies I’m done.
                        and don’t forget the $12.99 shipping, total of $52.98

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Great newsletter, but I too have to jump in here on that price point for the S body heroes. I understand there were likely some economical impacts that hit them from Covid. They've gone a long stretch with barely any product coming in as there have been massive delays overseas. I see prices for things going up everywhere as companies try to earn back some of their losses. Unfortunately I don't see this being a winning strategy for FTC. $40 is crazy high... ESPECIALLY when you see the 12 inch figures going (now as a lot) for $22 a piece. Hard to reconcile that compare. I get it, but I don't see many people dropping that kind of money for old characters. I felt they would have a hard time selling those at their standard price before this announcement.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Shipping to Canada from FTC is minimum forty bucks USD which is closer to fifty CDN. That alone has caused me to stop ordering for a long time. Just not worth it.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                              ... I get it, but I don't see many people dropping that kind of money for old characters. I felt they would have a hard time selling those at their standard price before this announcement.
                              Yes, that in particular was a disappointment but not a surprise. I understand FTC's need to move and repurpose inventory, and it's better than it degrading in storage. But I think S-body releases will do better on new characters.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

they are saving on not using the old style body, so they at the least should have split that cost on the new figures with S bodies

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎