Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I hate to be negative, but if the FTC WW heads are the alternative to the "baby doll" faces Mego keeps using...I'll stick with the cherub faces.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• mpramuk
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 24, 2007

Originally posted by rayray
      First off, always look forward to these newsletters each week! A highlight to start off my Friday! I thank you.

Second: oooooooh those FTC Wonder Woman and Diana faces look...like evil Linda Blair Pazuzu-possessed Bad Seed Dianas. Diana Prince in particular looks dire. Not minding that WW costume update, though...
      Agree the WW faces are a travesty!!! There was no attempt at sculpting a face, just a low detail horror mask that is in complete dissonance with the accompanying card art. When I saw the pics I thought she was wearing a fembot faceplate! These will be pegwarmers for years...
      Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
      Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

That’s what it reminds me of Chuck Connors in Tourist Trap

Originally posted by mpramuk
        Agree the WW faces are a travesty!!! There was no attempt at sculpting a face, just a low detail horror mask that is in complete dissonance with the accompanying card art. When I saw the pics I thought she was wearing a fembot faceplate! These will be pegwarmers for years...
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

This keeps Friday mornings fun!

Beautiful Lincoln Monsters… I just keep saying, someday… someday <sigh!>.

While no superhero collector, those WW offerings maybe the worst toys in years. They clearly should have packaged those in bootleg, dimestore header cards and bags in a Eastblock country.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
            Great work on the newsletter Steve, I'm sure others agree.
            You don't speak for me Heiler!!!!

(...Oh wait, maybe you do. I actually do agree. Sorry, force of habit...)

Every week, I love seeing all the Facebook customs. It really weakens my resolve to stay out of the cesspool that is Facebook. Those re-roots by Diana are so masterful. among many other highlights. Thanks for showcasing these!

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Another great newsletter! Hmmm...FTC's new Wonder Woman face looks like they were trying to imitate the old 12-inch Mego Wonder Woman face (minus the rooted eyelashes).

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I hate to pile on, but first, great newsletter as always! I love the Reeve Superman costume. That whole figure would make for a great Mego Meet auction. Along with Chad’s Reeve Clark. I wish I could paint; I would have definitely bought one of those Reeve head sculpts. Those re-roots are fantastic! Just great custom work and great shots of the packaged new Mego figures.

Now for those Wonder Woman figures... removed my rant after reading RonnyG’s post.
                Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 5, '21, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by RonnyG
                  Another great newsletter! Hmmm...FTC's new Wonder Woman face looks like they were trying to imitate the old 12-inch Mego Wonder Woman face (minus the rooted eyelashes).
                  Wow, I think you nailed it. Along with Hippolyte and Nubia being in the back, a new Steve Trevor... even the lack of articulation. Makes more sense now, even if the execution may not have matched the idea behind it.

Comment

• rchatlin
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 24, 2001

Not to limit anyone's creativity, but I think it's long past time for a moratorium on the damn Nazi figures?? Please.

Or at least not publishing those with the fricking salute. Pretty Please?

r
                    o
                    b

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, honestly, given current events, it's a bit insensitive. I wish Nazis were just the bad guys in Indiana Jones films and old comics, but clearly, that's not the case.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Surprised that flew on Facebook
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

well, the character is a Nazi. that's what they do

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

The costuming on this Diana Prince looks great and that's all I care about.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

As far as I can tell the WW just need makeup on them. There is not lipstick to start with. Push come to shove I will use the Charlie Angeles/WW head from Mego ( I have plenty of)
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

This seems to be a completely new body for WW as well? Or is it a non-jointed Daisy Duke repro? It’s interesting either way.

It’s clearly meant to be an 8” version of the 70’s Mego 12” WW. Could this be the Lynda Carter WW they announced some time ago?
                                Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Mar 5, '21, 9:23 PM.
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎