Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I had to re-read the news about the new S Type bodes a couple of times... so they are revealing new 6-inch bodies a MONSTER 8-Inch bodies? That's pretty cool, except should 6-inch be 7-inch to replace the teen body? Whatever, I am looking forward to new bodies and accessories. I think we would have to see parts that will allow for use of items like the plug-in boots and gloves, or new plug-on boots made especially for the S Type bodies, like the shoes they already sell. Coming Soon!
    sounds good to!

Love, love, love the Wonder Woman Bracelets! Doom looks great, but that is one of the best Black-suit Spider-Mans I have seen. Love the Western Stuff too. I still pine for a Mego Lone Ranger. Lots of other good custom work this week too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

You had me at "Jousting Horses" and I enjoyed the ride.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Really excited about more body types, but I'm not sure what a monster body is unless its a typo and they meant a type-s muscle body, which would be awesome!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
          Really excited about more body types, but I'm not sure what a monster body is unless its a typo and they meant a type-s muscle body, which would be awesome!
          I guess it could just be monster == big, which again would be awesome!
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Great news on the type s bodies, I only wish they would make them with the black boot legs too.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
              I assumed they meant the Hulk body.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Give them a chance.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

News! https://mailchi.mp/c8f0a0778e75/long...s?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 5, 2015

Not liking these new WW releases...ugly. Looks like they were phoned in. To sum in two words...HARD PASS.
                    Last edited by Robert_Anthony; Mar 5, '21, 7:07 AM. Reason: Needed to add something

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Great work on the newsletter Steve, I'm sure others agree.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rayray
                        • May 21, 2013

New WW releases

Originally posted by Robert_Anthony
                        Not liking these new WW releases...ugly. Looks like they were phoned in. To sum in two words...HARD PASS.
                        First off, always look forward to these newsletters each week! A highlight to start off my Friday! I thank you.

Second: oooooooh those FTC Wonder Woman and Diana faces look...like evil Linda Blair Pazuzu-possessed Bad Seed Dianas. Diana Prince in particular looks dire. Not minding that WW costume update, though...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Great work on the newsletter Steve, I'm sure others agree.
                          Thanks old chum, but we all know you do the heavy lifting.

My biggest observation from this week is that I miss the days when I could walk into a KayBee and buy a Sgt Rage figure. I guess all this new Mego crap is OK

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Great newsletter as always Steve!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Great stuff as always. I agree those ww figures are a mess. Don’t think open toe shoes are military regulation either
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Great newsletter! Love the customs profiled this week. Truly some fun and original ideas in that lot! Neat seeing the JC Penny Catalog from 1983 and the flashbacks that offered. And to think I was starting my first year of college then. Wowzers. Always a treat seeing the Lincoln monsters plus excerpts from Toys Ventures. I highly recommend everyone pick up these issues. Its truly a lost art to see the subject covered as beautifully as it is here. The labor of love is well on display. And yeah, I totally agree the FTC WW reveal is a head scratcher. Not a good time to be putting out blow molded limbs in this marketplace. But boy oh boy was it a treat seeing the new Mego lines. Not worried about the change in color on the ape hands because a little paint app on the fingers will bring those to life real fast. Plus I like the paints on the heads this go around. Gives them a fresh appearance from the older lines. Good times! Thanks again for a great newsletter. The hard work shows.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎