Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Well I like 3 out of 4, Batgirl just doesn't have any magic for me, the others look really good, I think Barbara Gordon
    looks fine, O'Hara is a very cool addition and who doesn't want removable cowl Batman?

I would have liked seeing Catwoman and hopefully at some point, both Newmar and Kitt will be available, but I think
    they did a nice job with this new release, just wish Batgirl looked better, I was hoping for her, and now I'm
    reluctant to get her.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I think Batgirl looks fine. I imagine it's very hard to do female characters in the retro Mego style. If you go too realistic, it's not Mego like anymore or if you go too cute and doll like, you can lose the likeness of the actress. It's probably very challenging to get a happy medium between the two.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Fridays are typically rough for me at work. I love coming home, checking my email, and decompressing with the Museum newsletter. Just one more thing that makes this place great!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
          Museum Patron
          • May 26, 2015

I only recently discovered the newsletter (actually didn't know what others were talking about before) but it's a great resource and I appreciate all the work and time putting this together.

Comment

• longscarf72
            • Jul 20, 2011

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I think Batgirl looks fine. I imagine it's very hard to do female characters in the retro Mego style. If you go too realistic, it's not Mego like anymore or if you go too cute and doll like, you can lose the likeness of the actress. It's probably very challenging to get a happy medium between the two.
            I agree, that seems to be the case. I'm glad that she's got a shiny costume rather than a flat purple one. That's probably where most of the money went. Looks good enough to me; preorder done!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Blammo!

http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...=bb9d5041d4&e=[UNIQID]
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Homerun FTC!!! Wow, those are nice!

I'm really enjoying the recaps in the newsletter. They often remind me that I need to take a closer look at some forum links I breeze by during my work day.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

HOLY COW!!! FTC is going to make bank on this series of figures. Complete homerun!!!

Comment

• rodkeith
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 16, 2008

They both look fantastic. Obviously GL is coming in a SF wave, but I wonder if Catwoman appear in an upcoming Batman wave, or something else?

Comment

• mjd
                      • Jul 27, 2009

WOW! Both look fantastic!

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Awesome!
                        I'm in for both of those!

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

GL looks fantastic, again hit and miss with this line. Wasnt someone laughing about catwoman having a slit in her skirt and having high heels, and not be made into a figure

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

New one, this week was tough for me on a personal level.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

If the tracking is correct I should get the Wonder Twins today!
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

Hey Megolike is back, thats great news, I hope no material was lost? Brue's joker mobil, what a great idea, that front is great, U lunatic lol...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎