• Dec 29, 2007

Robin please!

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
      It was Ted Knight.

Are you sure? I thought Knight narrated and did other voices, but I was pretty sure Storch voiced the Joker. Sounds like Storch, at least.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm going to have to look this up--I thought Knight did the '60s foes and the New Adventures had different voice actors like Storch.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Lenny Weinrib did the heavy voice lifting in New adventures.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, with Lou Scheimer doing Clayface and Bat-Mite.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I personally never thought Weinrib had the range of Ted Knight, his Penguin was amazing though.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^Well now I'm going to have to resample both. Happy Saturday for me!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
                  Are you sure? I thought Knight narrated and did other voices, but I was pretty sure Storch voiced the Joker. Sounds like Storch, at least.
                  It was definitely Ted Knight.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I love them, too! The more, the merrier--do them all.
                    I just realized we might get a Sweet Tooth Mego! (Looks like Chuck McCann, sounds like Paul Lynde.) Mind. Blown.

I wonder, does FTC only have rights to the '77 show?

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I'm going to have to look this up--I thought Knight did the '60s foes and the New Adventures had different voice actors like Storch.
                      According to IMDB, Larry Storch was the Joker for Filmation-

Ted Knight voiced Commisioner Gordon, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Dollman, Simon the Pieman, Mad Hatter, Punchard, Maharajah of Tyfor, a henchman, a construction worker and narrated. (whew)
                      The Adventures of Batman (TV Series 1968–1969) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.

also this website
                      This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Batman/Superman Hour and is an adaptation of Joker. The original character was created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson and first appeared in Batman #1. Joker was voiced by Larry Storch. 5 Appearances of Joker (Filmation Adventures) 1 Images featuring Joker (Filmation Adventures) Quotations by or about Joker (Filmation Adventures) Character Gallery: Joker (Filmation Adventures)

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Just to make sure I am not crazy... the 70s NEW Adventures of Batman had the same animation and designs as the 60s Adventure of Batman, but with different voice actors (Soule and Kasem replaced with West and Ward), right? I bought the New Adventures on DVD years ago and... woof! I couldn't get through half of it. I forgot how bad it was, especially Bat-Mite. But I still love all of the 60s DC Filmation cartoons.

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 5, 2015

I have Batman '77 on DVD...kind of cheesy...but a lot better than what passes these days. As for Batman and Joker...IMPRESSIVE SCULPTS. Robin should be next, then Batgirl and the usual villains.

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Lenny Weinrib did the heavy voice lifting in New adventures.
                            Yeah, IMDB has Weinrib doing- Commisioner Gordon, Joker, Penguin, Mr Freeze, Chameleon, Elecro ,Professor Bubbles, Moonman Sweet Tooth and Scott Rogers.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
                              According to IMDB, Larry Storch was the Joker for Filmation-
                              IMDB is wrong. Many places incorrectly credit Storch. It was Ted Knight.

Clearly Ted Knight

Cartoon (TV Genre), Joker (Fictional Character), Animated Cartoon (TV Genre)
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Ted Knight also reprised Penguin and Joker in the 1972 Scooby Doo meets Batman. Ted Knight is in the voice credits. Larry Storch isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZjB-ixYgo.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎