Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

The Newsletter is announcing a Hawkman figure! I had searched all around and can't find anything... Any help?

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

I'm guessing, but the body seems to be compensation for the wing length and/or thickness.

EDIT: holy crap I can't write worth a damn from my phone.
      Last edited by hedrap; Dec 7, '18, 9:42 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by hedrap
        I'my guess, but the body seems be to compensation for the wing length and/or thickness.
        that's sort of where my head is too. I hope when some gets him, they take photos of him off the card.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Ordered my 12” Aquaman last night. Will post pics when he arrives
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            Ordered my 12” Aquaman last night. Will post pics when he arrives
            what did the shipping run you on that? I want one but you know...Christmas and all.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              that's sort of where my head is too. I hope when some gets him, they take photos of him off the card.
              It has to be. When you look at the wings in the solo shot, they have a seam line. It also looks like the back and front are two different materials.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

Amazon has pictures of Man-Bat out of the package and from behind which give a better sense of the scale FTC is going for regarding the body size and wings. I ordered one yesterday afternoon and I'll put some pics up as soon as I receive it.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Man-Bat looks okay to me, at this point why complain, life's to short, just enjoy.
                  Nightwing really looks sweet, and nice to see the Presidents are on the way, they have nice
                  card art.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    Man-Bat looks okay to me, at this point why complain, life's to short, just enjoy.
                    Nightwing really looks sweet, and nice to see the Presidents are on the way, they have nice
                    card art.
                    I think the issue of complaints sometimes is that when a company doesn’t nail a character, there is no guarantee that we will get a do over later, especially for less popular characters. So this might be it and that’s disappointing.

I am still intrigued by Man-Bat though, especially after seeing the out of package pictures. He will be in my order next week.

Nightwing was pulled for some reason. I did notice the top of the boot detailing that is in the open promo photos is missing in the packaged picture. I hope they put him back up before I place my order. The head isn’t quite right for that costume, but that is my favorite Nightwing uniform and I can’t wait to get him.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I think the issue of complaints sometimes is that when a company doesn’t nail a character, there is no guarantee that we will get a do over later, especially for less popular characters. So this might be it and that’s disappointing.
                      I compare all ReMego to customs. When there's already a winged Mego template to start with, I try to deduce what lead to the decision away from that. My assumption was they would modify the Falcon/Neptunian design.

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by hedrap
                        My assumption was they would modify the Falcon/Neptunian design.
                        That was what I expected as well. Standard body type with bat wings sewn onto long sleeves.

Comment

• warlock664
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          While I respect that attitude, and while I certainly don't condone the constant stream of negativity that seems to come from some quarters, I think constructive criticism is healthy when a product fails to meet expectations.
                          But yes, life is short, and while I won't "enjoy" this Man-Bat, I also won't let it bother me.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Running a little late this morning - happy newsing https://mailchi.mp/d757f1af48fa/a-ne...c?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I think it's funny that we both slept in. Gosh, 6:55, I am a wild man.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

I am pretty sure I slept through my alarm - it was a starry night and I was up too late playing with dolls.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎