Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

i remember having 5 of the fighting furies when i was a kid never knew they called them that though and can't remember the packaging for them.

Comment

• newlyknighted
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 21, 2010

Thanks to you Brian, we get to unwrap a new newsletter every Friday morning. Thank you for making every Friday a jam packed, stimulating, celebratory mego Christmas morning.
      I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Good stuff! That blood spitting Gene is pure genius!

Originally posted by palitoy
        If i brought that home in 1978, my dad would have put me in the seminary.
        Heh, we have very different fathers, my dad would have thought it was great. He'd probably have more fun with it than I would have.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The head sculpt is really nice and it's a fun concept but having to play with it with rubber gloves and the risk of staining clothes and even your hands for two days!? They couldn't have found a less harsh dye?
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Hahaha!… more of a blood drip than spit, but none the less dangerous 70's fun.

I actually find it refreshing that someone built a modern toy, that while collectible is meant to *used* and ultimately ruined. Talk about nostalgia. That's is cool!

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

Aw yeah friday mornings!

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I'm very much looking forward to FTC's Gene Simmons with fire spitting action.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by newlyknighted
                  Thanks to you Brian, we get to unwrap a new newsletter every Friday morning. Thank you for making every Friday a jam packed, stimulating, celebratory mego Christmas morning.
                  Absolutely--love the newsletter. But I didn't get one this week
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 13, '15, 4:04 PM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by daz71
                    i remember having 5 of the fighting furies when i was a kid never knew they called them that though and can't remember the packaging for them.
                    Still love my Fighting Furies. None survived my childhood (they fell apart), but I managed to get the three pirates again.
                    My original Ghost I bought in Dover, England, and I actually played with that toy on the boat home to Belgium. Seemed appropriate!
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks Brian! Another awesome read to kick off My Friday morning. Chalk full of interesting stuff.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Can't take credit, Scott and Steve did much of this one. I was working in Calgary all week enjoying their snow and cold.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Surfs up Jokers under set looks awesome, can't see Barbara Gordon's face to well but from the looks of it
                            I think it's pretty well done, maybe will see O'Hara with hotdog walkie talkie.

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
                              Career Member
                              • May 13, 2007

If anyone hears of the two Ottawa Pop Expo Northguard figures becoming available elsewhere, please post the info.

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Holiday Edition is hot from the oven and makes it's own gravy!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎