X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    ^!That seems strange, to me, since the packaging has images of specific members on it...and their likenesses are in the figures faces. Strange world of KISS these days.
    I don't know the ins and outs of the license but I'm guessing that likeness is included (under makeup of course) but names are seperate? I don't get it either but it's not going to keep me up tonight either.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
      I don't know the ins and outs of the license but I'm guessing that likeness is included (under makeup of course) but names are seperate? I don't get it either but it's not going to keep me up tonight either.
      Me either.

I think that Paul is fighting with the other three, these days. That said, I believe that they have been referring to the likenesses of Ace and Peter, since they’ve been gone, as The Spaceman and The Catman, but I have only seen that when their replacements are the ones in question. Of course, I don’t follow them closely, so I can’t remotely pretend to be an authority on the subject. At any rate, and most importantly, they’re good looking figures and the boxes are pretty neat.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

The boxes do have that iconic look. That big pic of Gene on the back confused me at first, but it looks like the box is universal so there's no change for character. I can dig it.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Some KISS fans have quibbles, these are things I wouldn't have noticed if you sat me in a room all day with them. They are all changes that the licensor forced on FTC BTW.
          I fall into that category. When it was all said and done, the figures weren't that bad. I'm sure I complained about the packaging...the marketing that used "real" Mego 12" figures...the price tag, but it was the continued poor hair installation/styling that closed my wallet to future purchases. As a KISS fan, I could really care less if the package says Gene or Demon - it's all a licensing game probably. When I saw Ace Frehley this year, pretty sure he said outloud KISS licenses the makeup from Ace, so he must still own it.
          At the KISS Indy Expo this year, a dealer had a table full of these figures - and there were comments from shoppers..comments that echoed mine. To add salt to the wound, while in line for pics/autographs, a member OF KISS even made comments about one of the figures and it was not flattering.

Judging from your statement, complaints/suggestions must have went all the way to the top, but I don't see improved hair in that pic, rather, it looks worse. Time will tell. Yes, it bothers me that I am that picky, but that hair is a deal breaker.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

I think you misread my statement, I was merely noticing some of the feedback from this morning about the boxes.

Comment

• toothaction
              Career Member
              • Jul 15, 2017

Would someone mind linking me to the page with the spread of They Live customs?
              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by toothaction
                Would someone mind linking me to the page with the spread of They Live customs?
                see me...

Comment

• toothaction
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by Teemu
                  see me...
                  Um, okay...

Did you post the recent pic that was in the newsletter? Where can I find it in the Museum? Are more detailed shots out there, too? Thanks!
                  >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by toothaction
                    Um, okay...

Did you post the recent pic that was in the newsletter? Where can I find it in the Museum? Are more detailed shots out there, too? Thanks!
                    I posted them on facebook in megomania and custommego on facebook...

Comment

• toothaction
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 15, 2017

Ahhh, that's why I couldn't find 'em! Luddite that I am, I don't use the facebook. Thanks!

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

The names on the boxes don't say Peter, Ace, Paul etc but the character names. As a casual fan, even a Mego collector, I wouldn't have noticed that.
                        Oh yes. I see what you mean. Yeah, I caught that and I’m pretty sure it’s a license restriction because KISS owns the makeup now, so they push the character names. Not sure how they get around likenesses though. Ace and Peter must have lousy attorneys because I wouldn’t let them get away with that without paying a fee. It would be like Universal using Karloff’s likeness as Frankenstein without paying the estate.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Museum News! He will break your Batman figures!
                          Exclusive first look at BANE from Figures Toy Company!
                          Plus much more in this exciting week:

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Bane looks fantastic! FTC has some duds but every once in a while they hit a home run!

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm really enjoying going through the Museum galleries looking at all of the updates. Lots of good information, old favorites from my childhood, and tons of new photos I've never seen. Great work! The customs are always a treat and it's great to see what the auctions are offering these days. Very informative and always entertaining. Another solid newsletter in the books. Thanks for the hard work to make these.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

That's a pretty good Bane. I wonder why his pants are so parachutey though? Maybe if the pleather is too tight, it cracks when the knees are bent?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎