Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

The 8” Gene has a somewhat smooshed face. Not as cool as the 12”.

Originally posted by palitoy
    Oop did i used the wrong pic, that was all me, not FTC.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Great newsletter as always and thanks for the quick mention of my boxing customs too.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        I hope this means those DTK suits will be available separately again. I never got around to ordering any before they were gone last time.
        I need a few for Mad Hatter's goons so hope they show back up.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO https://mailchi.mp/bdbf162a741f/cry-...s?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Now that is a very nice Rendition of Black Canary!
            My only complaint is I would have went darker with the Blue,
            but overall the prototype is better than I expected them to do.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I like it too. Even the expression isn't all that bad.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

I am just TORN! Black Canary is my most anticipated, most wanted character. And I love everything about this - the costume, the blue fishnets, the jacket, the hair. It's really well done. But MAN! Why did they make her face look like that? I am not a fan of open mouth face sculpts. This seems to be a reuse of the Cheetah head (??). I guess it isn't totally awful. My boyfriend said she looks angry. Me, I think she looks like a different kind of doll. One with a nozzle. So I am TORN! I bought a second Samantha thinking... speculating... that FTC would give Canary an open mouth ala the canary cry and I'd just swap the clothes over to Samantha. But the yellow hair is so intense and vivid, and I kind of dig it. I don't think I want to do a reroot, so I'll have to decide what I like best when I get her. And I totally plan to get her. Maybe the face will look better in person? Urgh. I hate to be the guy with the crazy fanboy negative reaction right out of the gate. But I'm annoyed. Because I want to 100% love her. Hmmmm.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Nah, Cheetah had a waaaayyy nastier expression on her face. It was a lot angrier too. This one is just fine.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jan 23, 2012

Yes! I’ve had a blonde Dollikin head waiting in the wings to replace the inevitable bad one for the FTC Black Canary, but I’m actually not mad at what they’ve done. The fun is definitely in the canary-yellow hair they went with. The suit, as per their usual, is truly spectacular. I’m really excited for this, along with the Creeper! They even included the detail of her neck-band/canary-choker! WOW, sooo getting this.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

No announcement from FTC has me more excited right now than Swamp Thing. I really hope they are spectacular, and have Berni Wrightson art on the cards!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        No announcement from FTC has me more excited right now than Swamp Thing. I really hope they are spectacular, and have Berni Wrightson art on the cards!
                        Yeah, I'm excited about their rendition of Swampy, I really, really want a decalled bodysuit ala Human Torch but I know some folks have different expectations.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I like the Black Canary, I have a feeling I will like the face more when I see it in-hand.

My most anticipated FTC figure? Black Lightning! I just don't know what to expect. I think the classic costume can be challenging to get to near perfection, but I hope they at least nail the head sculpt. I haven't seen a custom one that I like.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Black Canary looks pretty good. Does she have the same head as the White Swan or whatever that characters name is? I can't be bothered to look it up!

I like the idea of Swamp Thing having a printed suit like Torch! That would be fun, and on a Hulk body I assume. It would be so much like the Thing and that sounds super cool.

And I want to see that Black Lightning too! I know they have a rep for making big heads, but I feel that the heads have actually been a good size for at least a year or two so I'm interested in seeing what they do with BL. I'm pretty impressed with their Creeper and I have a soft spot for those 70's characters.

Might there be any hope for a Shade: The Changing Man?!?! Haha! ...probably not, but I would buy one.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

They did creeper,so why not Shade?Im most curious to see Man-Bat,I hope he looks like he did in the 70s comics as opposed to the modern look.Swamp Thing is another one I can’t wait to see,true most likely a detailed bodysuit with added wrap around vines I’m guessing.

Comment

• knight errant00
                                8 Inch Action Figure
                                • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Yeah, I'm excited about their rendition of Swampy, I really, really want a decalled bodysuit ala Human Torch but I know some folks have different expectations.
                                Yes -- I've always pictured a Mego Swamp Thing with a Wrightson-style head (as opposed to the more modern mossy-viney head) on a Hulk body and a printed pajama suit like the Thing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎