Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

OK i sometimes get blocked because of my location, so i put it in the newsletter regardless.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      But, the gaffes have been glaring and frankly continual--that may be another reason collectors tried to find them less expensively. A $15 figure with production flaws may be more appealing than one at $35. There's a certain irony in the fact that FTC is choosing to alter its marketing but not its production frequency or designs.
      +1 here. Add to that there are SOME, but not ALL, collectors who just want the figure, damn the packaging.
      And now with them not offering certain figures in the "Buy the Head/Suit Category" ( Kregse Mary, Harley)
      AND raising prices on loose figures ( going from $15 to $22), my first thoughts aren't "Wow cool figure let me go buy it" to
      "I'll wait a year and see what I can get at MY price".

Look at Harley Quinn....they said she was "retired" but yet their bringing her back as a "GOLD" exclusive....too me that's slapping those who bought her on Kregse
      and slapping those who are paying the $40-$50 ebay/amazon price. They have the parts on hand OBVIOUSLY, so why not offer her in the "Buy the Head/Suit Category"?

FTC keeps playing games, they will eventually find that Collectors/Mego Enthusiasts will get hip and they'll start choking on backstock, because like it or not, they face the same issues that
      Hasbro, et al, face. When Collectors get hip to the shell games, they stop buying product to send a message.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I hope they sell that new Joker silk screened suit. I'm sure I could find use for that.
        When I saw it Immediately thought, with a slight mod to the vest, Prof. Hug Strange as he appeared in the Golden Age!!

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Harley has a new shiny suit, so it's not the same as the Kresge release.

I like the Head and Outfits option, even if I don't really take advantage of it. But I always thought that was a dubious decision because if I am EE or BBTS, or worse, a smaller retailer like Mike's Comics, I am not only competing against FTC's own website for sales, now I am losing sales to those that know they can wait it out and just get the parts from FTC too.

And to keep this from becoming a FTC thread (there is a whole forum for that!), I just want to say that the Palitoy 1979 Catalog is beautiful! It's just a reminder that no matter how cool the Mego repros are, nothing beats the originals... and how silly the Mego Hulk figure was, LOL!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
            When I saw it Immediately thought, with a slight mod to the vest, Prof. Hug Strange as he appeared in the Golden Age!!
            My Prof. Hugo Strange is in the works as we type.

I thought this was a great newsletter, these always start my weekend off in the best direction.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Well that explains why my thread was deleted lol.

Neat red skeleton guy figure in the newsletter.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by rodkeith
                Thanks! That 1969 Catwoman looks phenomenal! Also, love the customs as usual, especially Black Canary.
                Cool Catwoman; nice improvement. I wish her red "cat goggles" could have been figured out to look more authentic to Robbins' original design, with higher points above the eyes: It would be extra cool to add some black shadows around such a red mask.
                Last edited by comicmike; Mar 18, '17, 6:26 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  My Prof. Hugo Strange is in the works as we type.
                  oooh, do tell!!! Aside from re-working the Sivana head or a Lx Luthor, I can't really find a head I like....
                  who are you using for the head if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

OMBC Grok.

I think it might also be possible to use a recast Klingon with the hair sanded off.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Scooby snacks - http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...436&e=ce704b24

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Scooby looks great!!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

Love both versions of Scoob. Worth the wait.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

The visible metal rivets in Scooby looks pretty bad. Otherwise he looks okay. Hopefully they use actual plastic joints when the figure comes out.

Velma looks laughably bad. The head sculpt isn't perfect to begin with and that hair is just a joke. Rooted hair rarely works IMO and even when it does it's limited to a couple of styles. Her hair just looks ridiculous.

Sadly the Scooby Gang is pretty much an all-in buy and while I thought Daphne wasn't great, I thought I could get used to it so long as Velma looked good. But her hair ruins it, which basically seals the deal for no buys. Bummer.

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

I think of chuckie looking a Velma.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Velma's hair is a problem. There's too much of it, for one. Sculpted hair would have been preferable. The sculpts on Scooby and Dum are great!!!

That "pirate" Catwoman looks great!!!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎