X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
    agreed...so many others to do and fill out...a Green Lantern Wave, Rogues for Superman, Capt. Marvel, and Aquaman, esp. with his movie just around the corner.....Halloween themed releases like a JL Dark line...so much missed opportunity....
    I agree. I understand the popularity of Batman pushes things, and I don't think it has yet appeared to be a case of "going to the well too often," but there are plenty of great characters who have solid (if smaller) fan bases.

That said, I am the one still hoping the Batman '66 line will feature the George Sanders Mr. Freeze...
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

A discussion forum will have opinions different from yours, thus the beauty of a discussion forum, to discuss
      topics and not just be a "yes sir" kiss@$$ board?
      I questioned why your first comment was to only find the negative in something. If you don't like someone politely questioning your comment then maybe you need to find an echo chamber where people aren't allowed to comment on what you wrote.

You see, that's the beauty of a discussion forum, you can discuss your comments civilly and not come back with childish ad homin responses. WHOOPSIEDOODLE!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Speaking as someone who cares a lot about this figure--a lot--I can understand the concern about the torso--I thought about it, too. But my first impression was solid and I'm willing to consider it with the padding. The vest detailing at the lower edge is important, however and that is something that concerns me a little on the pictured figure.

Regarding the fat torso: I'm not sure that a new mold would even be needed, only smaller arm and leg openings to accommodate the teen limbs. That's what Mego did when transitioning from T1 to T2 with Penguin and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Overall, this figure is sharper than I expected and has captured many details correctly--that pleased me.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 15, '18, 10:11 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Regarding the fat torso: I'm not sure that a new mold would even be needed, only smaller arm and leg openings to accommodate the teen limbs. That's what Mego did when transitioning from T1 to T2 with Penguin and Mr. Mxyzptlk.
          My original point exactly, and why I said it wasn't hard to kitbash this.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
            I questioned why your first comment was to only find the negative in something.
            And again to your own point, you didn't have to question my response. You tend to make a lot of comments, I for one don't agree with.
            But, it doesn't bother me to a point where I have to question the things you type on this board. I read it, ignore them, and move on.

So more to the point, questioning why I made the comment means that YOU ALONE had a problem with it.
            I found flaws with this figure and pointed it out.
            Didn't say I hated the figure, just said I thought FTC was being lazy in producing it in the manner they chose.

Not everyone finds everything wonderful, and awesome, get used to it, its life, move on.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

And again to your own point, you didn't have to question my response. You tend to make a lot of comments, I for one don't agree with.
              But, it doesn't bother me to a point where I have to question the things you type on this board. I read it, ignore them, and move on.

So more to the point, questioning why I made the comment means that YOU ALONE had a problem with it.
              Didn't say I hated the figure, just said I thought FTC was being lazy in producing it in the manner they chose.

Not everyone finds everything wonderful, and awesome, get used to it, its life, move on.

A comment was made, I responded in a respectful manner and you decided to be rude. That's on you.

Your initial comment was to point out a flaw in something that had a lot going for it, I was perplexed that you only saw that, that was my comment.

I'm going to say what I want to say here, I did not give you any direction on how to behave, like you are currently handing me. I also didn't set out to insult you personally and won't but you've shown me nothing but contempt, so I guess you have a problem with me, noted.

The straw man argument that I need every comment here to be overflowing with positivity is dutifully ignored. That is good advice.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

You have to consider some members here either made or are friends with the people who make these figures possible. If the short ,fat body isn't usable enough to warrant the extra casting it isn't anything to get upset or insulted about. I'm not soft as charmin you won't hurt my feelings over it, though.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                  You have to consider some members here either made or are friends with the people who make these figures possible.
                  Actually, that isn't the case in this situation, I like the people at FTC but I'm not worried about their feelings, it wasn't emotional.

For me, it was merely, "I can't believe the first comment is a negative one" and it was, it's just about what isn't there.

Pure and simple, I thought that Penguin figure got most everything right and it just surprised me that's all.

It's now devolved into some sort of middle finger at me and that's fine, I deserve such nice things.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Creepy Friday - https://mailchi.mp/f6dd8f14c85b/mego...a?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Absolutely LOVE that Creeper. I have always wanted one since I was a kid, so this is another dream come true. On the Mego front, I like the darker green on Gorn. Gives a better read on the head sculpt details and just overall appearance. Love those auctions this past week. I hope FTC does the Jokermobile and Arrow car. That Atari mask and costume set are wild for sure and Steve you and Brian nailed some neat customs this week. Always enjoy seeing a vintage Batman on a Kresge card, and we need a three drink limit on Scott for pairing up his Norm and Alice dolls. Love Jerome's Bat-collections. He and I need to compare notes.

Paul needs to tap Morton for that Dracula head. That is a PERFECT Gene Colan head sculpt. KILLER! And I never thought I would see Bruce Wayne in a Phillies uniform. Totally works! Great job Derek! Excellent newsletter this week. You guys keep giving me ideas on how to spend my money. Stop it!

Comment

• generic
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 25, 2009

Those Last Starfighter prototypes are amazing!
                        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

Creeper looks great.I made a creeper custom I'm happy with using the romero joker head.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 25, 2018

That Creeper is amazing. Norm and Alice dancing was a good laugh and I probably would have dropped my phone if Norm had cake and Alice had Norm's beer. And I would have been all over Last Star Fighter figures. Saw it twice in the theaters as a kid.

Comment

• supes
                              For the love of Mego's!
                              • Jan 19, 2004

I'm not a big fan of the Creeper character, but I think they did a great job on this figure!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 23, 2012

The Creeper brings out all kinds of forgotten warm and fuzzy feelings! A character that’s carbon dated to a specific time in my childhood. Either in the late 70’s or early 80’s, he had a series in the back of World’s Finest or Adventure Comics (can’t remember which) during the giant Dollar-size era. At first I ignored reading them, but at some point, those goofy adventures became the ones I would read first! I can’t wait to nab this figure, it’s giving my frontal lobe an all-out serotonin explosion!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎