X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
    Cannot wait to see the Black Lighting figure!!
    I'm anxious, too. Very enjoyable newsletter, thx.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Love those Astro Apes.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

SUPER excited for Black Lightning! FTC has made some childhood dream DC figures come true for me, especially The Flash and Hawkman, but Black Lightning was right at the top of that list. Black Lightning and Falcon adventures would have been incredible for 8 year old me. Even if they are not mass market items in Walmart and Target, I am so happy to see Black Lightning products being made, from my DC Fandome T-Shirts and even the Funko POP! that I couldn't snag, but am still happy to see get made. But to get a Mego-style Black Lightning... *cue up the Kool-Aid Man smile*

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Slight delay due to being smote by the authentication gods, but I was rescued by a kind Canadian. https://mailchi.mp/2f0375c5fa66/mons...s?e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

saw the devil outfit available on CTVT but no head yet. So are these monsters the ones that were to tie into the 3 Stooges? If so it is going to be fun to see them.
            3 stooges Frankenstein aliens.jpg

3 stooges mummy 2.jpg

3 stooges wolfman.jpg

3Pests.jpg

3 stooges pumpkin.jpg
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The customs continue to captivate. The Ledy-style Green Lantern is sooo charming!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

I sooo hope you're right, because it reeks of glomming on and for a company with the DC/HB/WB license, that would be pathetic.

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                saw the devil outfit available on CTVT but no head yet. So are these monsters the ones that were to tie into the 3 Stooges? If so it is going to be fun to see them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

That's their original Devil suit, surely partially disintigrating due to their warehouse.

I welcome all sorts of monsters, but really it comes down to design and fabrication--and I wonder why they don't do H-B versions, avoiding that makes it seem glomming.

That said, how much more could we expect from Mego Corp.? A vampiress, a hunchback/Igor? Some crypto-creatures would likely do well.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 18, '20, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I suspect they are going to be a new batch of the "Mad Monster" figures they previously released. That looks to be the same devil suit, at least...

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Angry Ape!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing if this is a POTA knockoff since they have all the parts already.
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^I immediately thought of a reworked Mugato head, but you make a good point.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I was thinking reworked Grodd or Solivar
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                            I sooo hope you're right, because it reeks of glomming on and for a company with the DC/HB/WB license, that would be pathetic.
                            I have to admit, I had a twitch of "because Mego is having success with the unlicensed monsters."
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

So they are announcing these (w/o pics?) a mere few weeks from the Halloween season?… interesting, I was thinking we'd have to wait until Halloween 2021 to see them!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                                So they are announcing these (w/o pics?) a mere few weeks from the Halloween season?… interesting, I was thinking we'd have to wait until Halloween 2021 to see them!
                                well it didn't say what Halloween they were coming out.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎