Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 138143148153158161162163164165 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1643

Thread: MegoMuseum Newsletter Discussion Thread

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    I think the classic costume can be challenging to get to near perfection, but I hope they at least nail the head sculpt. I haven't seen a custom one that I like.
    I've wanted to do this as a custom forever, but lack the skills -- I think something screen printed, using basically the same suit pattern as the Falcon, with a Superman/Aquaman-style belt, minus wings but with a nylon collar, plus blue pirate boots, would rock it and capture the look of the character and Mego from ~1977.

Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Yes -- I've always pictured a Mego Swamp Thing with a Wrightson-style head (as opposed to the more modern mossy-viney head) on a Hulk body and a printed pajama suit like the Thing.
    I bet thats what the head will look like. I hope so anyway! They seem to follow the style guide pretty closely, so I wonder what he looks like in the guide.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Black Canary--9 of 10. I think this is one of the best female heads I've seen form FTC. The open mouth accommodates her canary-cry but is not overdone IMO. The eye detailing and especially the brows look good, particularly in comparison to the WW wave. The costume is great, very close to what I commissioned years ago for my custom Canary. Minus one point for yellow instead of blonde hair, but that's a matter of taste.

(Mary, per your post above: You might also consider swapping out to an IG head.)

I hope they get the scale and details right for Black Lightning, and I'd like to see Swamp Thing in a screened suit with a bit of leaf appliques.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Yes -- I've always pictured a Mego Swamp Thing with a Wrightson-style head (as opposed to the more modern mossy-viney head) on a Hulk body and a printed pajama suit like the Thing.
    Swamp Thing was usually drawn very top-heavy--a "Brock Samson-style" body might be the best way to go.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Parker SI sweater; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I've wanted to do this as a custom forever, but lack the skills -- I think something screen printed, using basically the same suit pattern as the Falcon, with a Superman/Aquaman-style belt, minus wings but with a nylon collar, plus blue pirate boots, would rock it and capture the look of the character and Mego from ~1977.
    This is largely how I picture "Mego" BL as well, with the addition of a white vinyl, or as you suggest nylon, collar.

Images
    And regarding the Capt. Eagle costume--that's the sort I really love: Like a play-suit, instead of a big licensed face on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Black Canary--9 of 10. I think this is one of the best female heads I've seen form FTC. The open mouth accommodates her canary-cry but is not overdone IMO. The eye detailing and especially the brows look good, particularly in comparison to the WW wave. The costume is great, very close to what I commissioned years ago for my custom Canary. Minus one point for yellow instead of blonde hair, but that's a matter of taste.

(Mary, per your post above: You might also consider swapping out to an IG head.)

I hope they get the scale and details right for Black Lightning, and I'd like to see Swamp Thing in a screened suit with a bit of leaf appliques.
    Are head swaps hard to do? I also thought about the IG head, or like I said, I have an extra Samantha.
    I noticed the new Mego female bodies don't have that extra neck piece, which is what worries me with the FTC figures - popping the head off without busting that little extra neck piece.
    I think once I have BC in hand I'll know if I can live with the face or not - they always look a little different in person.
    I do like the yellow hair. It's not quite as natural blonde as, say, Supergirl or Samantha. But BC wears a wig, so maybe the vivid yellow works for her.
    It definitely looks very "comic book" the way it pops against the blue and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    Are head swaps hard to do? I also thought about the IG head, or like I said, I have an extra Samantha.
    I noticed the new Mego female bodies don't have that extra neck piece, which is what worries me with the FTC figures - popping the head off without busting that little extra neck piece.
    I think once I have BC in hand I'll know if I can live with the face or not - they always look a little different in person.
    I do like the yellow hair. It's not quite as natural blonde as, say, Supergirl or Samantha. But BC wears a wig, so maybe the vivid yellow works for her.
    It definitely looks very "comic book" the way it pops against the blue and black.
    I think I like the bright yellow hair because it reminds me of BC's wig.

Swapping heads on classic Mego style females is a very easy pop & swap process; no additional steps needed.

I read here that it is not a perfect match between classic Mego style and Mego 2.0 females though.

I'm impressed by that Black Canary! It's difficult to make really compelling heroines given the awkward female Mego body they have to work with. But this one's a must-have for me. I wonder when she'll be available? I'm still waiting for the Atom, FTC!

Images
    I put an FTC "Isis" head onto a vintage body without much difficulty. The trick is to angle the neck post into the head opening whilst simultaneously twisting and pushing it to seat it. You can also warm the head a bit but be careful, excess heat will melt the hair. (Try hot water vs. a hair dryer.)